Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2.3 - Hospital Day 3, Part 2

After I wrote earlier, I was able to connect again with Mom and the nurse. Word from them (and Walt) is that the temperature is still up and down a bit although much more down than up. The nurse indicated she's been cold to the point where they've had to cover her in blankets.

The picc line was successfully moved to her left arm - woo hoo! I haven't heard whether they got it to the right point or if we have to go through the same routine of x-raying to confirm it's reaching it's intended destination.

She's still working to eat without vommitting and overall just feeling a little cloudy / stupid. That being said, she sure sounds a lot better than Sunday and is lamenting the fact that somewhere between Midnight - 5 AM Sunday, she was waylaid by something that's left her in the hospital the past two nights. You and I could equate it to completely being blindsided about like our stock portfolios the past few months!

I'll try to get another update for tomorrow. Keep the good thoughts coming. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update Conor. We'll keep the positive vibes coming.

You're all in my thoughts and I'm sending prayers to the Angel of Upward Trends.

If you're able please give Cathi a hug from #2 GOT

Robbie Stanley said...

Hey Cathi,
I hope you're back to reading your own comments today. Your non-medical team is ready and on duty, sending support and lots of hugs. Thinking about you today,
Robbie

Mags said...

Thanks for the update Conor. As Robbie and Janet have mentioned several times already...we are hear and ready for you!!! I hope things continue to get better and that the fever goes down. Keep being the fighter that you are!

Love and hugs-
Margaret