Thursday, February 12, 2009

Chest xray in the bowels of ku med center where they left me sitting in the hall. Next time I'll have my sister take me out to the clinic and I'll come back. The lung scan part of this hospital needs a good course on Emily Post. Which I told the customer relations lady.

Then I called the cleaning lady back to clean the floor beside my bed and that was much more entertaining than being abandoned in the hallway. The lady returned and vigorously swiped the floor with her swiffer style mop, all the while eneregetically insisting that "it won't come up." I replied that it seemed like every day there were new "spots that wouldn't come up." Anyway it was marvelously entertaining.

I'm still having about one fever every 24 hours. Haven't had to change the sheets for several nights...just the pillow cases. So we hope the bright yellow antibiotic that delivers a chill along with its help, is doing the job.

The Pulmonary guy (American one..cute but no match to the Brazilian one) said the lungs sounded better yesterday after the bronchoscopy. They definitely hurt less.

I'm still trying to find food with the highest caloric value that is least likely to end up in the bin. (sigh) I am not getting far from the bin, but I haven't used it for a couple of days! The Nutritionist, Melinda, (Darth Vader type in this drama) visited today but agreed that if I would add protein powder to two shakes a day.

I'm still having some trouble with spelling and stuff --I recommend you treat these like the interesting things I hear sometimes.

xoxo Cathi

6 comments:

Mags said...

Good to hear from you! I'd say you did a pretty good job with the spelling and such...I'm impressed!

More storms and wind knocked out our power last night, subsequently flooding our basement. We now own a powerful generator for our 1/2 hp sump pump and 2 refrigerators. It had a 5 star rating... lol

See you soon!

Love-
Margaret

gail said...

So glad to hear that the lungs are a bit better!! You definitely sound in good spirits - well enough to point out the flaws in the "customer service" training! hehe.

The yellow antibiotic sounds interesting - is it IV or by pill? If it is IV, does your blood turn orange with it? ewww.

Hope that made you smile.

love, gail

Sara Beth said...

I got a chuckle out of 'the interesting things you hear sometimes'. I can only imagine what you think my words are when I speak with mush mouth. Glad you are giving the cleaning gal a hard time. Swiffer? What happened to buckets of liquid and string mops? Here's to more calories! Sara

Robbie Stanley said...

So good to see your post. Sounds as if you're working hard, as always, to get back on top of things. Maybe when you're done there as a patient they'll hire you to be the quality control czar. Meanwhile, it's been a while since anyone has posted a joke so here's one I heard recently:

Who was Alexander Graham Bellvlotski?

The first telephone Pole.

Good luck today; your team is all around you.
xox

Unknown said...

Great to read your post - so glad your sense of humour is intact!

Keep up with the 'Calories for Fuel' drive. I've just bought Steve a huge box of chocolates for Valentine's Day - hoping for a huge bouquet of flowers in return ;-)

lots of love #2 GOT

Anonymous said...

Cathi,

It's great to see you lining up the work crew at the Hospital. Keep 'em straight, gal!! I loved seeing you've still got that sense of humor about you. In this Scouting household, you are held in high esteem and talked about frequently.

Sara Pistorius