Monday, February 9, 2009

2.9 - Pneumonia Returns

Hi everybody -

I wanted to post another time today as the doctors have confirmed the pneumonia has returned. I do not have a confirmed % blockage reading on her lungs, but I know I'm optimistic that she's as alert as she is and that was definitely not the case when she was admitted to the ICU last summer.

They're also taking her in for a bronchoscopy tomorrow to try and clear out more of the funk in there. That can definitely help but isn't the most comfortable procedure.

Have a great evening and let's get the lungs clear!

Conor

P.S. I've posted my email address to the profile information so you can email me should I let the blog updates slide again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Captain Cathi
I can see you at the helm of this mean-looking ice-breaker, crushing all those puny pneumonia dudes in your path! Don't let anything stand in your way.

Conor - thanks so much for the posts. You're doing a fabulous job at keeping Cathi's support crew up to speed.

lots of love #2 GOT

Anonymous said...

Oh Cathi. A return visit from the pneumonia brothers, as if the first time they did not get the hint. Keep up the good fight. You know how to charge into this one. Keep your spirits, keep your energy and we will pull through. Kids are both wishing you well and come home soon.
You can do this! Walt

Anonymous said...

Hayward and I are walking extra hard and fast for you and your lungs. Winston and Phoebe just want to chase squirrels. Thinking of you love, Charlene