Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2.4 - Hospital, Day 4

Most of you would have been fairly amused at the email I got from mom regarding today's update. I know she got a kick out of it and was hopeful I could translate it (per Walt). I'll just say that I did my best. :) As anyone can imagine, I like it when Mom can email me with an update so here goes:

'Chasing and tracking an infection. Gathering info by the loads from (and about) my body. This is nothing like the first time. I have learned some things:

- Big machines are noisy and barely fit in your room.
- They generally come with least a half dozen people who might be affiliated with another machine.
- They have dozens of colors of conductors. It takes a lot of time for this group though.
- It doesn't seem disoaorganized.
- Orderly or not, I wish they could work in the day.
- Wait, that's when my fever went up again.
- And the night before that was all about my rate.

I've reached the dark side. Folks like staff cardiologists, including infecitous disease doctors.'

Needless to say she's got a long way to go but is much more functional than she was and we're still anticipating that improving as her counts rise.

Good evening everyone!

Conor

8 comments:

brianmargaret said...

We're thinking about you Cathi and sending positive vibes. Pleased to see your contribution today.
Hope all goes well.
Love from us both, Margaret & Brian X

Robbie Stanley said...

Gotta love all those big machines. Reminds me of that Marx brother movie where they're all crammed into the little room on the boat. Are the manicurists there yet?
Here's hoping for a strong, though comfortable, day ahead,
Robbie

Mags said...

Very nice contribution and interpretation! Always very interesting to hear what the patient thinks and get a glimpse as to what they are experiencing...especially with large machines!

Hope you are feeling a little better and that they are able to track the infection and get you well again!

Traveling to Orlando today...they hit 22 degrees last night! I am supposed to be going to warmth...not more cold!

Traveling is interesting...airlines are definitely trying to make money. Not only do they charge for all checked bags now (except southwest of course!), they have reduced the size of the carry-on bag you can bring on. You should see the fits people are throwing at the gates!

Love-
Margaret

Mike said...

Cathi

Your friends at COR are thinking about you and praying for you.

Mike I

Anonymous said...

Cathi I am back home and safe in NH. While I am not protected from all the woes of the world I feel better not being in an office. Caroline & Anthony are glad to see me and were asking if you were ready to play webkins with them. Beth called on Thursday just to see that I am still healthy and OK, so it sounds like they are looking ahead waiting for you to get better. I offered to take her snowmobiling with me. While she declined, she did tell me to be safe, & keep it below 75 on the trails.
Sorry I am not there for you, but I needed to leave KC. Walt

Unknown said...

Hi Cathi
I'm cooking chilli and staying in the warm. This past week we've had people skiing on the South Downs! Unheard of!!

Hope you're feeling better day by day.
lots of love #2 GOT

Mark said...

Cathi,

Greetings from your fellow Owls!

We hope you are much better very soon. I saw AJ at The Blue Elk round table last Thursday. We are both thinking or you and wishing you the very best.

We hope to hear from you soon.

All the best!

Mark

Mark said...

Cathi,

Greetings from your fellow Owls!

We hope you are much better very soon. I saw AJ at The Blue Elk round table last Thursday. We are both thinking of you and wishing you the very best.

We hope to hear from you soon.

All the best!

Mark