Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Celebration at the Clinic

The nurses at the clinic got the CT Scan results yesterday and had a celebration without me, but when I arrived this morning they were still celebrating. They came dancing through my cube making festive noises and I was all about joining the parade.

Another "improvement in left upper lobe pneumonia with improved aeration." And I can reduce my clinic visits to every other day. I have all these ideas about what to do with the time. I hope I have that much energy too. Dr. McGuirk even got into the festivities. So I will get Ambisome every other day for two or more weeks and then evaluate what oral anti-fungal to take.

I called the hot line last night because my throat was sore when I swallowed, the glands in my neck were sore and yesterday I coughed a lot. I got word to gargle with salt water (don't swallow it--did he really need to tell me that?) and show up at the clinic this morning. No sore throat or cough this morning, just the sore neck. Dr. Ganguly was consulted and said "keep taking the anti-biotics and call if she gets a fever. She knows the drill." Still the same that Ganguly. So we'll chalk this up to allergies and move forward.

Dr. McGuirk was enthused. He said now things are moving. We know we'll be doing that next transplant. No dates yet, but I don't need dates right now. Just keep up the treadmill and all the dang pills. Someone suggested I go home and have a martini to celebrate. I suggested some gin in that tonic water. But I'm maintaining my decorum and the volume in the gin bottle.

I go in tomorrow, then friday and Sunday so that I can have Saturday off for the big wedding. I was not enthused about being a bridesmaid at my age, but I'm all over it now. I'm really looking forward to that outing.

Cathi

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - that's fantastic, brilliant, toe-tingling news!! Your positive attitude and sheer hard work is paying off.

I'm sure you'll soon think of ways to fill up your free time. Just don't do toooo much. There's going to be lots to celebrate at Lisa's wedding.

WV is DEDOL. Could be a substitute for BEBOP?

lots of love #2 GOT

Unknown said...

oops. My Englsh is slipping. should read 'Your positive attitude and sheer hard work are paying off.'

GOT xx
WV - REDGEES

Unknown said...

Now I can't spell either.
I give up

GOT x

Walt said...

Wow three posts from Janet. I am not sure I can measure up. Such great news to hear. I wish I would have been there to celebrate. We will have to add some more dance tunes to your iPod.
Keep er up and keep the attitude. It is a winning combination.

Walt

Anonymous said...

Wonderful news!!! I was doing a little dance in my office for you here in DC when I heard. Now you can burn up the dance floor this weekend!

Love ya!
Nancy in DC

BAMc said...

YAHOOOO!!!

Great news! Enjoy the wedding and have a double celebration!

wv - phobl

Robbie Stanley said...

Wonderful news!! Have a great time tomorrow and please post a couple of pics from the wedding + party afterward. It will be so nice to not have to go to the clinic every day. Take a few days of vacation next week, read a beach book while you sip your tonic water.
xox

my WV = tyronsia.

gail said...

Dedol had redgees that caused a phobl while we went to tyronsia which happened to be right around the corner from talusa.

I'm jumping for joy with the great news!!!!

Woohoooooooooo!!

gail said...

omg - and this one is paggeysu. paggey paggey paggey paggey paggeysuuuuuu.

Sara - look what you started!!