Wednesday, May 6, 2009

More Ambizone.

Pink hair and a new diet. What great ideas! Even nice to hear from Hayward on the sandwiches. The sandwiches were the only thing I could think of that meets the dual requirements of a neutropenic and dairy free diet (using non-dairy cheese.) But one of the nurses sat down with me this week and made some suggestions, mostly making use of the kitchen facilities here at the clinic that I wasn't aware of. So today I have vegetable soup in one of those heat and eat bowls.

The pink hair I haven't tried yet. Since I can't shop in a store I need to send someone to make that purchase for me. But in the meantime, I'm aiming to be a bridesmaid in Lisa's wedding May 23rd. I have a lovely dress and something of a mullet hair style. Need to get that back part trimmed off for sure. The folks at the clinic are working with me to make sure I get to be in the wedding. I'll be able to walk down the aisle and stand for pictures. Then clamp on the mask and escape. Oh, and the dress I'm wearing is brown....so maybe blue hair?

I'm still having trouble getting motivated but I have a list of things to do and I'm trying to knock them down one by one. Janet sent me a cross stitch bookmark. Harking back to the 80s I think. But I am going to tackle it. And a few other things.

I had a liver scan last week and it was "normal" at least in appearance. The liver counts are high from the Ambizone and from transfusions. Iron from the transfusions accumulates in my liver and it's overwhelmed at the moment. But it is not enlarged; this is good news.

The Ambizone has been ordered for 2 more weeks. I think there is a bone marrow biopsy coming up in that time. But health wise, I feel pretty good. Just need a swift kick in the rear I think.

Cathi

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey mom,

I guess the pole position is mine today! I'm glad to hear your spirits are up and you have a goal set to be in Lisa's wedding. I know you can do it! I love ya and I'll call you later today

Mark

Anonymous said...

Hey Cathi,

Couldn't believe I was about to get the first shot, but Mark beat me to it. I think blue would be beautiful with the brown dress! You could have blue hair, without being a "blue hair". Ha! :o)

Thinking of you often!
Love ya, Nancy D.
(back in DC now)

gail said...

Cathi,

We will have a round of drinks for you as we hang out in Margaritaville this weekend. And we'll toast often to your good health!!!

Blue hair Cathi. hahaha. I think it sounds like a grand plan. And you'll have such great memories of the wedding as well.

Happy weekend!!

love, gail

Robbie Stanley said...

Can't believe that wedding is coming right up - and it will be so much fun for you to be there! I'm going to talk to the folks at Eating Well magazine and send you some more dietary ideas (their offices are downstairs from my office). It's the kind of thing they love doing. Be sure to post pics from the wedding as soon as you can.
We have a cool, rainy day here in Vermont. The lettuce is happy and wild turkeys are oblivious out there in the field.
Robbie

Unknown said...

Hi Cathi
Can we go and hang out in Margaritaville next time I'm over? Sounds like my kind of place :)

Do you know what I mean by a 'Fascinator'? They are hair accessories and sit perfectly on short hairstyles. Go to the Accessorize section at monsoon.co.uk and look under hair accessories! Might be a half-way house to blue hair?

You'll be a star in Lisa's wedding whatever your hair colour. Good luck with the diet variations as well.

I'm off to Germany for the weekend to spend 48 hours with 3 x 110% active nephews. Think of me:)

lots of love #2 GOT

Robbie Stanley said...

Happy Mother's Day!

Walt & Anthony said...

Cathi,
Happy Mothers Day from the other Snells in KC. Anthony wanted to post and say Hi. We missed seeing you today, but glad to hear it was a quick visit to the clinic today for so many things.
We are in the market for some home remodeling support? Are you ready to come pick out colors for us.
But no blue or Pink for our house. Or maybe save the blue for Anthony's room.