Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Home and healthy

I went to Chicago. My whole family was there thanks to Conor and Mark getting Mark out of OKC before they closed the airport Thursday morning. I played with Harrison. And I came home healthy. Very remarkable considering I have almost no white blood cells.


Mark got up there Wednesday evening and the kids scoured the house again getting ready for me. I so appreciate all the work and special food so I could be comfortable and safe.


I wish I could have stayed longer because I was just getting the hang of Harrison's routine when I had to leave. I spent most of the day Saturday at Loyola hospital getting refueled. They transfuse at a much slower rate than KU. I persuaded the nurses to speed it up a little but not enough to get much HB time. Conor and I got home in time to bathe him, which is very fun.


We made keepsake plates with penguins made from everyone's thumbprint. Conor and Mark didn't laugh at me for once and were very good natured about painting their thumbs. Harrison wasn't so sure. But we got a print from him.


The clinic visit Monday was uneventful. I saw Dr. Aljitawi but don't have any news or even speculation. We have to see what's going on in the bone marrow and the biopsy is scheduled for Thursday. After that I expect news to trickle in, starting with no news is good news.



Meanwhile, I'm still at home. My birthday is tomorrow and I'm hoping friends drop by. If you're in town, stop by. I feel good and energetic. I loaded Christmas pictures up to Facebook, and I will put them out on Snapfish or something so more folks can see them. But here's the prize.



~Cathi

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Harrison is the perfect little Santa's helper LOL.

So pleased you had such a good time over Christmas. Memories to cherish.

Keep those energy levels buzzing!
love #2 GOT

BAMc said...

-
Happy Birthday!

gail said...

Happy new year!! The pic of HB is the cutest one so far! And you sound so excited and happy. Here is to another year of smiling grandchildren and a smiling Cathi!

love, g

Walt said...

I am a little late to the post this time. Harrison sounds like a wonderful kid. Do you think he will be as particular as Conor on things...

I am glad travels, flights and flu (oh my) worked out OK for the Christmas Holiday. Glad I could help. W

Walt said...

I am a little late to the post this time. Harrison sounds like a wonderful kid. Do you think he will be as particular as Conor on things...

I am glad travels, flights and flu (oh my) worked out OK for the Christmas Holiday. Glad I could help. W