Saturday, January 9, 2010

Eating out once again

Another long gap between updates. I've celebrated my 56th birthday and New Year's Eve in fine style. I've been able to get out and about despite the snow. I've been working...for other people. And finally I am about to do some nesting while this lovely snow lays about.

Clinic days have been Tuesday and Friday. Tuesdays I see a doctor and Fridays I just have labs. This past week I received blood on Tuesday but nothing on Friday. In fact yesterday my ANC was 1000. That means I can eat out. I headed directly for Sonic. Today I will satisfy my persistent craving for Bo Lings. (ANC is absolute neutrophil and is the fighting part of white blood cells.) I'm kind of bummed that some friends are out of town or snowed in and can't be lunch dates.

I have been working for a customer and even been in their office several times, usually after hours when not many folks are around. Working has renewed my energy and even though it's tough sometimes to find solutions, it's fun. I like seeing people and I like seeing computers.

My dad and brother brought Dad's tractor over and scraped my driveway two days running to get rid of the remainder of the deep snow from Christmas. And after Wednesday night's fresh fall two young men carrying shovels knocked on my door and for $20 I had a clear driveway once again.

I saw Dr. McGuirk on Tuesday. He reported no leukemia in the biopsy but that's really all the results we have so far. I expect to hear more this coming Tuesday. He said he "feels very good about the biopsy based on conversations with the pathologist." So coupled with a high ANC yesterday I am feeling very good too. I confess I've felt a bit flat between waiting on the results and working desperately to solve a huge work problem.

Southwest Airlines has such great sales right now, I'm tempted to buy a ticket and hop up to Chicago again for a couple of days. I think that might be pushing my luck today, but I'm thinking lucky for Tuesday and then who knows? Next post could be from the deep freeze.
Cathi

3 comments:

brianmargaret said...

Cathi - we are delighted to have your blog with the reassuring news. We were asking Janet earlier today if she had heard from you. Pleased you are able to enjoy eating out and getting stuck in to work again.
We are snowed up here too.
Love Margaret & Brian

Walt said...

I am not sure about all this cold & snow it is a balmy 30 here in Breckenride & the powder is great. Today we checked out your blood Cathi and at 12,840' it is working just fine. Maybe next time we will venture to 13,000, & check again.
Great to hear the good news & ANC above 1 again. Being the youngest we are always the sleepers and it takes a while before we kick in and get things fired up.
Take care and looking to going out again for dinner. W

gail said...

Cathi - So glad to hear from you and glad you have been so very busy!

I hope your customers appreciate all the hard work you're doing for them and know how much you are enjoying being there again.

As always, sending lots of love and tons of karma to you!

-gail

ps: wv is eadable. Am watching Walt eat left-over chicken wings - they look eadable. :)