Friday, January 22, 2010

One less pill

Last night when I finished measuring out all the pills I threw one bottle in the trash. Of course tonight I set one aside to be refilled. But I like taking fewer pills. Tonight when I was opening bottles it felt like I wasn't finished.

My counts on Tuesday included a lot more normal levels on the chemistry report. Sodium and calcium have been stubbornly low but Tuesday both were in the normal range, just barely but in the range is good.

Wednesday I was all pumped up and excited so I went shopping. I checked out a store that opened while I was sick and strolled through Costco which I have not been able to do for a very long time. I skipped the grocery store because my feet hurt so much, but managed to go buy a celebratory charm for my bracelet. The result of all this shopping was a couple of days on the couch. I have a lot more energy than my feet can stand. This afternoon I have finally been able to stand up without wincing.

I'm working out how much walking and standing I can tolerate. Do I measure it in time or distance? Minutes or hours? Feet or miles? My feet don't seem to have a 2 minute warning signal, more like the penalty whistle in a hockey game. I feel fine, I get in the car to go to the next place and my feet blow the whistle. If I get in the box before the whistle blows can I take the two minutes then go back out?

I am still working a little bit, mostly as an advisor though there are some things I can do from home. I have a new business plan in the works. I had a chair massage today. I have a teeth cleaning scheduled for February. I'll be getting a pedicure before I go to Chicago next Wednesday.

~Cathi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make sure your feet are in good shape,because I know Harrison will be checking.Have a great trip .
Love and Kisses
Nedra

Unknown said...

Stick with the pedicures - painting rooms will lose its appeal once you've been through the whole house!

I'm sure you'll do a wonderful job on Sunday with the Eagle Scouts. You're an inspiration to all of us.

And enjoy spending time with the munchkin in Chicago.

lots of love #2 GOT xx

Walt said...

Good to know your feet are doing well to pace yourself. If they held up for the distance then it might be something else that calls the whistle & the penalty box.
One less pill oh what a treat. Just think when this is all over, no more pills to sustain it, no extra organs floating around inside. Heck you might be able to eat ice cream like your brother when you are all done.