Thursday, March 18, 2010

Mom is A-OK

Mom had surgery Tuesday to remove the lump in her breast and it went exactly as planned.  They did not have to remove any extra lymph nodes and she was headed home by 3 in the afternoon.  She will have 30 days of radiation after recovering from the surgery.  I guess if she had to get cancer it's nice that she got a type often seen that doctors know how to fix.  Seems like she should get a break though.

I am feeling good again, finally.  After several weeks of not so good.  I'm feeling so good that I'm taking a road trip tomorrow to visit family in Wichita.  Folks who don't travel so well anymore.

My joints are stiff and sore but the more I move the better they feel.  Some times my body doesn't really buy that.  "I'm sore as hell and you want me to MOVE?!?"  The bottoms of my feet however, are much sturdier.  So much that I have stopped taking the medication for neuropathy. 

The big news today is about Mom, not me.  Isn't that nice?
~Cathi

1 comment:

BAMc said...

Great news on your Mom!

And great news on your donor stats. For your joints check with your doctor if you could try a Glucosamine with Chondroitin supplement. Taken with a calcium supplement it helps your joints. It works for some people but not everyone.