Sunday, March 14, 2010

Still 100% Donor!

Sunday night and I'm not quite myself though I am at my house which is nice. I am sure I will enjoy daylight savings time by the end of the week but today has been weird. I remember how the dogs would start pacing for their dinner early because they don't know the time has changed.

In fact, this is the first time change I've really experienced in a couple of years. My days pretty much ran together and I didn't really notice the change. Today I noticed it. And I want to know where the "daylight" is, as in sunshine.

The big news is that Mom has breast cancer. Stage 1 intra-ductal carcinoma. The most common, most curable. She will have a lumpectomy followed by radiation. Dang the luck!

I have still been battling fevers and on Wednesday I had a reaction to a drug I was getting intravenously. However, also on Wednesday I got the news that my DNA is still 100% donor. This is very exciting. Now there will not be a biopsy until the one year mark.

I have enjoyed watching the Big 12 basketball tournament. Even though KU won the final game, I thought KSU played great. KU is simply a phenomenal team this year. I'm happy the Buckeyes won this afternoon in the Big 10 tournament.

In other news my niece, Caroline, spent the night with me Friday night. We have been shopping and choosing items for her bedroom (she is 11) and she took me to dinner to thank me. Saturday morning we did some more shopping for the bedroom. Tomorrow my niece, Margaret, is coming to be here for a couple of days while Mom has surgery.

I have missed a trip I was planning to visit friends and relatives. Now I think I will just get up one day and feel good and get in the car. I did get a fragment of information Wednesday from Dr. Ganguly that some of the aches and pains I have may be part of my new life. I've been a little discouraged soaking that up and trying to decide next steps. I don't know if I want to know a lot of science about it--maybe I just want to try to deal with it in ways that seem obvious to me. I will make up my mind.

It is sometimes very tough to be upbeat when everything hurts. I have discovered that some of the problems I have that I thought were strength are actually flexibility and that flexibility is what I don't have. First step is yoga classes where I have an instructor to push me to stretch in ways I don't think of on my own.

OK. I have to be at work early tomorrow.
~Cathi

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cathi
Please pass on my love and prayers to your Mom.

I'll be in touch separately with a suggestion for the aches and pains.

lots of love #2 GOT

Walt said...

No VooDoo magic from England to cure the aches and paines?

Cathi, the aches and pains did not come from me. I only feel that after St Patty's day with flip. Just take a soak in your tub and let the aches and paines go. Then get up and we will go for a walk on the trails.
The spring weather is nice and it will be good to see flowers coming up around your yard.
Walt