Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Dateline: Chicago

Dateline:  Chicago, IL
Ella Catherine Maynard arrived at 7pm Tuesday, May 4, 2010.  She weighed a mere 7 pounds 15 ounces and has a little bit of sandy colored hair.  Parents are Conor and Annie Maynard and big brother is Harrison Bradley Maynard.  Ella has spent her time in the city drinking and sleeping with a few photo ops for interested parties.
EOQ (end of quote)

I am having a fine time in Chicago.  Baby Ella is divine and I got to hold her soon after she was born.  A tiny bundle of sweet perfection.  It is a wonderful experience, heightened by missing Harrison's birth and first year.  We (Annie's mother and I) took Harrison to the hospital today to meet Ella.  He smiled politely for the camera, but I would have to rate his interest level at about zero.  He was happy to see his Mom and Dad, and play around in a new place with lots of curiosities, but Ella didn't seem to be even a blip on the radar.  I'm sure that will change when she takes up residence tomorrow.

Harrison is ever so familiar with his Gram these days.  He smiles and says "Hi" and runs to see me.  He laughs at my jokes (well it seems to me that's why he's laughing,) and blows me kisses.  I adore him.  I read to him and when I call the horse a cow, he looks at me funny til I call it a horse.  Pretty sharp kid.

I have been fortunate to have a series of days with much less pain.  I admit I have pushed my limits up here in Chicago, but one needs to do that occasionally just to see where they are.  Today I put together the double stroller for the two babies and I'm calling that a PT session.  There were only two screws in the thing, but it was brutal turning that screwdriver.  Happy to say I won the battle, the screws are in and the stroller is operational.

I will be returning to KC tomorrow and later in May I'll come back up and stay a while to help take care of two babies.  Ostensibly.  I'm really coming back up to have a string of consecutive days seeing my grandkids. 
~Cathi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I looked at all the pictures on face book,you all look great and that Baby Girl is so cute. Grandma Cathi now has a boy and a girl.Im so happy you could be there when she was born.I was there when Hills was born
and have always felt like she was a Grandchild.Love and Kisses.
Nedra