Saturday, May 1, 2010

I am a drama queen

I have started a couple of updates that I didn't publish.  They were whiney and self-pitying and seemed to be excuses for slacking.  Drama, drama, drama.

Last night I started talking to myself differently.  "Yes it's going to hurt to stand up, but so what?  You gotta stand up anyway."  After a few hours of this it seemed to be easier to get out of a chair.

This morning I woke up feeling wonderful.  Not pain free but seriously pain reduced.  I threw the covers off with one swing of my arm without thinking about it.  or cringing.  Then I walked upright to the bathroom, and my hands were straight under the water.  I don't know what changed but I want it to last.

Perhaps the Cellcept has kicked in that I started taking a week or 10 days ago.  Dr. Abhyankar said it would take a couple of weeks.  I am not changing anything.  I am drinking tea this weekend.  (Usually I drink tea during the week and coffee on the weekends.) 

Thursday's yoga class was torturous and I posted something on FaceBook about Yo! Gah!  I got a lot of amusing responses.  That's what friends are for.  The best one was "sounds like a battle cry.  Yo!  Gah!  Ouch!"  haha.  Makes me laugh at myself and my silly complaints.

Yes I have a lot of pain but I am not the pain.  I can sit in the chair and focus on the pain which makes it bigger and more dramatic.  Or I can go on about my life, doing the laundry and fixing computers at the rate I can go.  I haven't quite found the wit in this, but today's respite will surely help.
~Cathi

2 comments:

Walt said...

I have picked up a whole month of blogs in one reading. I did not know 'soak in the tub' came up so often. I am really glad that impulse moment to try and help for the trip home would be so well used. There are some really great freinds that helped me tear out the bathroom and haul away the tub and floor materials. I can't imagine what it would cost, but someone got a free cast iron tub and we all enjoyed the 60's girly magazine we found behind the drywall. I wonder if all your neighbors have such a treat waiting for their work.

Glad you are doing well and are at home! Walt

Unknown said...

Fingers crossed the Cellcept is making a difference - and that the spring in your step continues.

Keep focused on the end game, you've been through so much and i'm sure you'll work through this as well.

As my Italian hunk says...Ciao Bella xx