Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's all good news

I had lunch this week with a friend I haven't heard from much during my illness.  The friend talked about how difficult it was to read the blog every day with the constant ups and downs.  I admit that when I go back to read it I am amazed that my spirits were as high as they were.  Because every time there was hope, there was bad news after that.  A lot of ups and downs.  I hadn't given much thought to how readers feel.

But it's all good news this week.  Monday at the clinic my hg was 11.4.  Almost normal, which is 12.  My white cells were 8 which is normal and my platelets were 145, normal is 150.  The doctor said "you can take Aleve now for pain.  You couldn't do this before but you can now."  So Aleve once a day and Tylenol once a day.

The physical therapy session on Tuesday ended with a few minutes loosening up my shoulders.  The therapist said she thought they were moving more than they had when I first came in.  I wanted specifics so she went and got the measuring business and sure enough, each shoulder was moving about 30 degrees more than it had 3 weeks ago.  That was enough to get me back for another session!

Saturday I leave for Chicago to be the chief cook and bottle washer for a week.  I'm only staying a week though.  I decided I'm not ready for 2 weeks of that much activity.

So all good news.  I'm doing my exercises.  and taking my drugs.  At least the pain killers
~Cathi

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great news on the physical therapy front and on all your counts. A new woman is emerging from the crysalis!

Hope you have a wonderful time in Chicago

lots of love #2 GOT

gail said...

Huge news on 30degrees more movement! Impressive!

Aleve - that is Vitamin NS (naproxen sodium) in my book! LOL.

All great news these days!

love, g