Tuesday, July 27, 2010

A Day Hanging with my girl Robin

Today finds Cathi still in the hospital hanging with her pal Robin. Robin was the nurse that was there in room 4101 when Cathi checked into the hospital back when this all started on July 11, of 2008. (Now better known as 2000 Late). So Robin is there to say hi and help Cathi through the days. Robin is such a great nurse with a presence that just fills a room with smiles. Great to have such help.

The fevers have come down and Dr Ganguly says, 'You had an infection, and we have fixed that.' Her esophagus is also healing and she will start soft food again. So this good progress and Dr Ganguly is always quick to point out that "We have fixed this to."

But now he is not committing time to go home and is keeping her in the hospital because of her lungs. There is some noise from fluid in the lungs. A CAT scan was ordered to look at the tissue in her chest to see the progress from the Chemotherapy and also to look at her lungs.

No news on when Cathi will be getting to go home, but every morning the question is asked 'When can I go home?'

6 comments:

Walt said...

Wahoo, Pole position for Walt.
But then I wrote this blog entry. Got to get up pretty early to get this bird!
Cathi keep it up, we are all pulling for you. W

gail said...

Sending you huge amounts of love & good karma - along with a large helping of healthy lungs.

Looking forward to racing you with the NYT Sunday puzzle. Just a couple of weeks away already!!

love, gail

Anonymous said...

Hey Cathi,
Just wanted to send you some good chi. You don't know me but we have a common friend and I have been reading about the challenges you are facing.

I suppose the hardest thing is being afraid to say the wrong thing. I'm known for that. Not in a bad way, usually that is when I am at my funniest. I have a good example.

It was several years ago that I found my self having to pack up from an internship in a major city far away. I had driven down with all my belonging for the summer ... except my 5 year old daughter. She joined me later. That summer I had bought her a jumbo sized ball from Target. She loved it! It was the wee hours of the morning that I figured out it wasn't going to fit in the car, it was either the ball or my daughter. Making the right choice, I threw the ball away and didn't tell my kid.

It took us 2 days to drive back to my home town. I unpacked the car when my daughter realized that the ball wasn't in the car. She was so sad, so I told her we would go to Target and buy another.

Sounded like a good plan.

I was wandering around Target looking for the large cage of balls, all the while talking with my ex husband about a belated birthday party he planned to throw for our daughter. Just then, I saw a red shirt.

Now, having worked retail in the past, I know that these folks like acknowledgment. Without skipping a beat, I read his name tag and said, "James, do you have big balls?"

True story.

Best wishes to you!!!
MT from Pennsylvania

Anonymous said...

Hi Cathi! I just wanted to drop a line and let know that I am sending wishes for a speedy recovery. I betting on you to beat Gail at the NYT Sunday puzzle!! You Go Girl! Wanee

Unknown said...

Hi Cathi
Can't top the balls story. So sending lots of love and virtual hugs. Tell your brother he's not playing fair LOL

love #2GOT

Anonymous said...

Cathi,

Just a short note to let you know that I look up to you for being such a trooper!! You are a reminder for the rest of us not to sweat the small stuff & to really count our healthy blessings.

Hang in there ... sending prayers your way for much better days ahead! I'm sure that you will be outta there soon.