Saturday, July 31, 2010

Still Home sorta

Spent thursday night in the hospital with a fever, getting loaded up with platelets and the inevitable potassium. Left the hospital to go straight to the clinic for more potassium I can't eat enough to get the potassium up and the oral medicine is hard on the gut, so more IVs.
I'm now getting 3 antibiotics at home via IV. The doctors think they are very clever "CDE" Caspofungin, Daptomycin, Ertapenum.

The full effects of the chemo are kicking in. I'm losing my sense of taste, spending a lot of time sleeping, and not very witty when I'm awake. My sister Janice is here for the next two weeks and it will be nice to have that consistency though everyone has been very generous about stepping in and staying with me.

Hopefully I'm about halfway through the low spot and can get across the other half with no mishaps.
Walt has done a fine job updating the blog and you will probably hear more from him.

7 comments:

gail said...

Your sense of humor shines through no matter what! You always make me smile with your updates - might be some positive words or maybe some sarcasm - but you have a way with words, regardless!

Sending you restful naps and an easy rest of the half-way done!

Unknown said...

Hoorah for halfway. And for Janice coming to stay for a couple of weeks.

Sending lots of healing thoughts and virtual hugs
love
#2 GOT

Skip Peavey said...

Those fembots are working away for you! Cathi, you are in my thoughts and prayers. You will beat this one as well, I just know it!

Anonymous said...

Cathi,I hope your still at home and if your not I know you will be back soon. Cathi ,Cathi Im taking belly dancing and Im good at it too! The teacher is my age and can really pop her hips. I just bought some 12 inch fringe to put on the bottom of my form fitting top. If i get really good at this , I just may bust a move and put it on you tube.Im loving you. Nedra Lou

Melinda said...

Had a popsicle today - wonderful in this heat - thought I'd share the joke: where do fish go on vacation?

Finland

(get it? Fin land....I know it's a popsicle joke, whaddya want?) Love you and miss you!!

Unknown said...

Sending you healing thoughts from Denver! Halfway there!

Cindy said...

so IBEX wasn't enough of a challenge for you? Had to mess with a couple of other mountains did you??? I was on the 91 site just now to do my on-line course work to help you with Ventures. I wasn't expecting to see front page news about you again. I wish it was the tabloids so it wouldn't be true; damn boy scouts always telling it how it is. I will take the Venture training next weekend and will do my best to get it kicked off until you can return and show me how to really do it. If you can have visitors while getting any treatments at KU and feel like a visitor, I will gladly come over and take notes on how to engage teenagers to embrace the great outdoors (the coed part helps but is it enough?). PS I recommend the kayak paddle over a canoe paddle - it will give you more strength to power through to the calm waters. Love Cindy R.