Saturday, July 17, 2010

Early start to Chemo Day 3

This morning I woke up with a high fever about 4am and after calling the doctor, Gail and Mark and I loaded up and went to the hospital. Blood cultures, antibiotics, fluids and sleep. We went from there straight to the clinic and got the regular chemo.

Still no results of anything. Not from the biopsy, not from the other little tests they've been running.

This morning as I left the hospital, the day shift was getting started and the nurses were all so happy to see me (in the bittersweet way.) They said I looked good, and even sick I probably do look better than when they last saw me. We talked about my new grandbaby and their new dogs. It was just really positive. "If anyone can do it you can." "Just a bump in the road for you."

This afternoon I went back to the hospital to get the take home pack disconnected and saw a different bunch of nurses and they were very positive. It was good to let all that wash over me. We had a laugh about boob leukemia.

And the best part is if I have any more fevers, take Tylenol and go back to sleep. I don't have to call. Long as the fever goes down I'm good. They reckon the fever is just from the chemo and nothing sinister.

Still eating and drinking. I am a little weak but I get bursts of energy through the day and get a few things done. Conor went home today to spend time with his babies that he hasn't seen for about 10 days while Annie has been visiting her parents. Having him here was a shot in the arm. Mark is just awesome to have around. Both boys waited on me as much as I would let them. Mark will be here through tomorrow.
~Cathi

3 comments:

Walt said...

How can you miss the highlight of the day watching the Fembot wife for Austin Powers.
Glad to see your strenth and courage building back up. Looking forward to coffee and paper in the morning. Walt

Rhonda, DJ, Winston and David said...

You must be so encouraged by the outpouring of love from your family and friends this past week!
Keeping the Prayers...It is Scout Sunday in Pasadena and your name is on the prayer list! XO, Rhonda

Daneen said...

Hey Cathi, it's Daneen from book club... I've been reading your posts and praying for you! What a blessing that you have so much family loving on you.

Fembots are the best visual for your boob leukemia -- both of those posts made me laugh out loud!!

You DO seem to have your "fight on" girl -- and you have a load of people praying for you. Those you know and complete strangers that some of us have recruited.

fightfightfight!!!