Friday, August 27, 2010

To the Hospital we go

Conor here...

Mom landed in the hospital yesterday with fevers and general not feeling well. She was feeling better prior to fevers kicking up today (but better tonight again). Much of her discomfort is not eating. So this evening they started IV nutrition in order to help her out.

Dr. Ajitawi leaned down today and told Mom that he loves her. I asked if she gave him a hickey like he had several years ago. :) We had a good laugh about it since she'd forgotten about that one. He's obviously the youngest of the crew yet has been a great doctor the past 2 years.

Not a lot else to report. Main update is she's in the hospital but they do anticipate her checking out sometime soon so long as she can get some food in and the fevers will stay low.

3 comments:

gail said...

Thank you for the update Conor. I really appreciate all your efforts to keep us in the loop.

Cathi, Please know that we are thinking of you ALL the time. I'm looking forward to seeing you as soon as I can get back to KC (it will be a few weeks). I have some ideas to share with you, but will need a video camera. Am working on the details on my end.

sending you much love and lots of hugs.

gail said...

ps. Dr. Aljitawi is the bomb. Please share the hickey story... inquiring minds want to know!!

Wendy said...

Ahh yes, I remember the hickey! It was the source of much gossip. Cathi you know most of BMT feels just like Dr Aljitawi, we love you - you are one hell of a gal. Whatever path you decide to take I know you will do it with gusto and I feel honored to have walked any part of that path with you. I think making plans is great but a gal can change her mind as many times as she wants and we'll be 110% behind you every direction. Love ya! Wendy