Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday

No Chiefs game today. We're saving all that energy for the stadium tomorrow night. But k-State won again yesterday. Good things.

I don't seem to be able to get by a day without plenty of commotion and today it was puking, company, and a bone marrow biopsy. Dr. McGuirk was less certain of his glimmer of hope this morning. The white count is bouncing along the bottom .1 to .2 to .1 to .1 to .2. I am still getting platelets almost every day and blood several times a week. We need these counts to go up and stay up. The white count should lock in and go from .2 to .4 to .7 to 1.2, etc. So the bone marrow biopsy is to discover what's going on in there and whether we will try neupogen shots which typically stimulate production of white cells.

There are squishy (the doctor's term) sounds in my lungs. I spent as much of today out of bed as I could. In another chair, usually the recliner, but plenty of walking too.

I keep making my lists of things to do whether or not I get them done. And I'm working to record important facts I think my kids need to know. Where the owners' manuals are for tthe built in appliances. Which Christmas presents are most treasured and why. I think I am pretty organized, especially after the last 2 years, but it's just almost organized. There seem to things not quite finished all the time. Anybody who has this stuff in the bag, stand up and be counted. The rest of us need your assistance.
~Cathi

3 comments:

gail said...

I am sending you much love and lots of less squishy karma.

After next Saturday I'm good to travel again. I have some things to share with you, but need a video camera to make them happen. I hope you'll be okay with being interviewed ala StoryCorps on NPR. We can do it without picture if you prefer.

Hugs my dear cousin. Love you so much!

Walt said...

Cathi,
We will send you lots of cheer and joy from Arrowhead. lots of positive energy for you to pick up on. I think if you open the windows tonight you will be able to hear us. Take Care. Walt

Robbie Stanley said...

Greetings from Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, where it's all about ("aboot") the fish. We now know everything there is to know about inshore and offshore fishing - go ahead; ask me anything. We saw the Chiefs win last night, yay!, but couldn't quite pick Walt out in the crowd. Thanks for your posting with the latest information. Here's hoping the food stays down and the numbers go up!
xox