Thursday, March 5, 2009

Once again, "home"

I got out of the hospital yesterday, not exactly free of all hospital commitments, but able to spend time in my own bed and my own place. Which is still Mom and Dad's upstairs bedroom.

Getting up the stairs is tougher than it was 32 days ago, but I can do it unaided. I don't try to do it carrying anything. I am really glad to be home because I had begun to notice daily the loss of strength. and that is why I am out. To get strong. To eat and put some weight on. Get healthy.

I'm still having trouble keeping food down which I have since I went in the hospital Feb 1st. I'm eating something that resembles 3 meals a day, to a cow or sheep perhaps. little bits all day long. It's tricky to know if the last meal is processed before I start eating the next one. But the bin is never far away.

Long days at the clinic to receive two pole anti-fungal drugs aimed at the pneumonia. Since the DLI I've had extraordinary growth in WBCs and neutrophils. This is great and is just what we hoped would happen. I'd like to see the same best possible outcome from the bone marrow biopsy next week.

and now I find myself drifting off to sleep while writing even though I'm watching that stimulating show "My Name is Earl?"

In your prayers please include my attitude thank you.

Cathi

8 comments:

Mags said...

Yay for being "home"! So glad you were able to reach this point! My name is Earl can definitely do something different for the spirits and the attitude...especially if you think about the Karma List and not all the bad things :) We have also found that The Office (the American version) to do something different to the spirits too...

See you soon!
Love-
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Great news. Home has got to feel great. I sent some lotion to the house on Craig. Please send someone for it. Hope you enjoy. Haven't found MY Name is Earl. Am I missing something? Our Priest loves Ugly Betty. Haven't done that one either.
Love ya
Diane

Unknown said...

Wonderful to hear they've let you out! I bet it feels great to be back in a normal bed.

We love Ugly Betty - check it out if you get the chance. I'll bring some of our favourite british sitcoms over with me, see what you think of those.

Hope the stairs are starting to get a little easier.
love #2 GOT

Robbie Stanley said...

Glad to hear you're back at the Snell Super Spa and Workout Facility. Between the stair climbs, Diane's lotion and a few good old fashioned stupid-sitcom-laughs, you'll be back in shape in no time.

Earl's consitantly funny, the Office is quirky funny. You might like Arrested Development, my current fav. It isn't on the air anymore but you can get the dvds from Netflix, or watch them on hulu.com or fancast.com. Try one or two (start from the beginning) and let me know what you think. Meanwhile, hope the stomach settles soon. Thinking of you, Robbie

Anonymous said...

Did you ever, in your wildest imagination, forsee a time when you would have to work so hard to gain some weight? Hopefully it will be easier now that you are home. Just keep doing what you are doing, enjoy all the comedies you can, sleep as much as you can and dig down deep inside and recapture that positive and determined Cathi we all admire. You are NEVER alone - God holds you in his loving hands and we are all here to support you.

Anonymous said...

Cathi,

Those of us in T91 hold you near and dear, and this great news that you've been sprung is a blessing.

Prayers are out there for you, and I'm praying you can Rest and Relax and Recover at your folks home.

You are always in our thoughts, Cathi!

Sara G and Tom & Paul Pistorius

Melinda said...

Cathi - what fabulous news that you are home!!! when I need an attitude adjustment I watch the New Adventures of the Old Christine and Big Bang Theory. Old Christine grows on you. Big Bang Theory pokes fun at the quirkiness of the hyper-smart-- like you. Lots of Love, Melinda

gail said...

Big Bang Theory is hysterical. I highly endorse it for us geeks. Ben is convinced it was written about his own life. (not sure which character he is referring to exactly, but that is a scary thought no matter whom).

The Snell Super Spa. Love it!

Keep your chin up dear girl. You have come so far in such a short time and you are almost HOME.

Sending love on the karma bus to you.

-gail