Friday, April 17, 2009

Another rousing day at the clinic

The scheduling department got a little carried away with the later appointments this week. Scheduled me for 2:30, 3:00 and even 3:30. The 2:30 appointment finally ended at 9:30pm at the hospital. The clinic closes at 7 and there wasn't time to pour Ambizone, platelets and blood into me between 2:30 and 7. So I got the Ambizone and platelets, then went to the hospital to get the blood.

So the next day I got the appointments rescheduled and had to take what was left. Friday morning, today was 7:30. (sleepy sigh) However it looks like I will be finished by noon so that's a lot of day left.

I've been trying to decide how to deal with the gardens in my yard. Yesterday I decided that hiring a pro might be the right way to go. I can't go out there and get my hands dirty. There seems to be a lot of stuff that didn't make it through last season, and I would like to make some changes in the looks of them. So I'll get some advice and some work done. I hope.

Conor was to visit this weekend but he has a cold so won't be coming. Janice is coming to stay though so a change of pace. Walt is on his way back to Kansas and so is his furniture. They arrive the first of next week.

Conor and Annie send me daily pics of Harrison who is now 4 1/2 months old. He rolled over this week and I got a video of that! Here is my current favorite picture.

My lungs feel better, sound better. It looks like I will still be waiting for a few more weeks before we start planning the transplant. Meanwhile, I hang out. I'm getting better at waiting. Better at being taken care of--it's hard for us independent types to be cared for.

Cathi

7 comments:

Conor said...

Harrison's Gram's Little Cub too! Such a cute pic and smile. If you knew how many pics we take to try and get a good one...lol. He doesn't seem to understand 'still' and 'smile' yet!

Love and Miss You Mom, Conor

Anonymous said...

Great news your lungs are feeling better. And good idea on the gardener. It will make you feel better to have a nice view of your yard.

Made it to the a Met's game this weekend and saw the new stadium - ho, hum. Cardinals, Orioles, and Nat's all have better turf.

Thinking of you lots from NY, one of my last weekends here - yea!

Hugs & kisses,
Nancy in NY

gail said...

Happy Sunday, Cathi! I hope the sun is shining today - the last few days in Denver have been wet. Much needed moisture, but having to shovel the walk of 8" of snow isn't all that fun. Trade-offs.

Harrison looks SO CUTE! Conor & Annie did good. :)

Sending all sorts of hugs & love.

-gail

Donna said...

Cathi,

I finally had a chance to take a minute to say how nice it was to see you and your folks last week. You look great!

The convention in KC was good-I won a door prize, which was fun! Got home early evening on Friday and then up early again on Saturday to take Matthew to K State where we wandered for hours. He is now VERY excited.

Love and far away hugs,
Donna

Walt said...

In St louis and ready to be done traveling. Day 1, left late. Day 2, Uncle Wendell, the sub museum was closed, so off to Mystic Aquarium & lunch with Beth & Cousins Amelia & Ryan. Day 3, Steamtown, but the trains ran the next day. Day 4, Breakfast with the cousins in Cleveland. Day 5, the home stretch, (somebody get us out of here)
Anthony & Caroline are excited at maybe seeing their Aunt Cathi. We are all so excited about getting out of the car we no longer lament the friends left behind in NH.

Cathi we bring you reinforcements in cheer and support. Looking forward to a hug! Walt

brianmargaret said...

Hello Cathi,
Pleased to read your progress and to see the picture of Harrison.
Surprising how much he's grown - he looks very smart.
We had a very pleasant weekend with Janet - Salisbury looked its best in the sunshine.
Hope you can get out & about in the sunshine.
Lots of love, Margaret & Brian

Mags said...

What an adorable picture!!! So glad you have good reinforcements this weekend and then more coming...sounds like Walt is having quite the exciting trip!

I was down with the flu this past week and weekend so I'm behind. Trying to catch up. I guess that's the story of all of our lives? Not sure.

Much love-
Margaret