Thursday, April 23, 2009

Small World

Coming to you from the clinic and feeling good. I had a CT Scan of my lungs yesterday that shows huge improvement. The pneumonia is "significantly decreased," and for the first time, the fluid under my lung is much reduced. This corresponds to how I am feeling. If I refer to the axiom used by the pulmonoligist that you "feel about 3 weeks ahead of how your lungs look" this augurs well for the next scan.

Mom and Dad are headed to California for my youngest nephew's 1st Communion. Dr. McGuirk called [Nurse Practitioner] Julie to find out the results of my scan yesterday. Because he was standing with them at the airport. We've all had a good laugh about that in here at the clinic. Mom called me and she already knew everything.

I am still getting the Ambizone every day. I also get platelets and blood several times a week. Next week I will get the Vidaza shots again for 7 days. I am hoping that since I feel so good, that will delay the side effects of the Vidaza a little longer.

Dad cleaned the basement and unloaded the treadmill and I have been walking on it. The basement is neater than it's been in a long while. I have been walking twice a day for 6 minutes each. This feels good, burns about 21 calories (according to the treadmill) each time, and is hopefully making me much stronger.

I miss my dogs as I feel better and better. But I know they are in good hands. Mark has actually moved to Oklahoma City with Daisy so they're both in the same county now. I also wish I could get out in the yard and get my hands dirty. I'll have to settle for plotting and planning.

Cathi

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - haven't been in pole position since whenever!

Great news about the big improvement in your lungs, and that you're feeling much brighter as well.

What a coincidence that your folks met up with Dr McGuirk at the airport. Bet he wasn't going to a 1st Communion though!

The bluebells in the wood behind us are a picture. I'm taking Steve's Mum down there this afternoon so I'll try and send you a Blackberry pic :)

lots of love #2 GOT

Walt said...

Wow three days and I am number 2. Ill be after the pole position for the next post. We are moved into KC house and I am now with Cathi spending the next couple of days with her while M&D are in California.
We are doing great and are getting ready for more chemo at the lab.

gail said...

Sorry I'm so late sending you good wishes. I was in New Orleans the last 3 days at the Jazz Fest. As fabulous as the music & festival were, the tragedy of Katrina is in evidence everywhere you look.

Your news is wonderful and I'm so glad that you have such a great attitude. The fact that you are so close to having the pneumonia finally GONE is very very exciting too!

Thinking of you a lot!!

love, gail