Sunday, October 17, 2010

Home in the zone

Sunday night and I am home. I got out of the hospital Thursday late afternoon and have been enjoying being here. I have the TPN to carry around most of the time, and baby bottles of Caspofungin, the current anti-fungal I'm taking.

The rest of the pills are a crapshoot. I try to spread them out so I don't take too many at once but my stomach still revolts against the pills. The womiting continues but there is no blood.

I'm trying to eat so I can gain some weight and most things stay down. But it's not enough to stop the weight loss.

Conor and Annie arrived today with Harrison & Ella and I am totally charmed by both of them. Harrison is having the most fun with my Halloween candy bowl that has a green hand in it that reaches and talks when you reach in the bowl. But we have plenty of toys for him. Zack & Jenn loaned us some, and Annie's mom drove in from Liberal with all sorts of baby gear to make life easier.

My counts are holding pretty steady except for platelets. I went in for one unit today and I go back Tues mid day to be checked out. I must check my blood sugar 3x a day and take insulin if called for. Though yesterday I had a spell of low blood sugar that we like to never got to sort itself out. Juice and peanut butter and finally hard candy.

So I'm going to meander over to the pill cabinet and see what I think I can safely take this evening that will stay down. The puzzle is made more interesting because the prednizone interferes with my sleep. Did I mention that? Prednizone is now part of the regime.
~Cathi

4 comments:

Robbie Stanley said...

Hey there,
Thanks for posting - such a lot of balancing this with that, trading this for that - but you're home and have the "grands" to frighten out of their wits. The green-hand-in-a-candy-bowl is a favorite of mine as well. I hope everything evens out a bit today and stays down.
Thinking of you,
xox

Unknown said...

Glad you're home - and sharing some giggles with the grandbabies.

Meander is such a great word, it conjures up such a super image of you and the pill cabinet!

lots of love #2 GOT

Nancy said...

Hello from Sao Paulo! Staying current on your status from all over the world. So glad to hear you're back home and enjoying some real food. And able to be home for fright nite to see all the kids. What are your grands dressing up as this year?

Sending the vibes from slightly further distance tonight...
Nancy D.

Sara said...

Cathi,
Can I bring you a homemade chocolate shake?? I'd be happy to run one over!! After growing up in my Dad's corner drug store, I'm an old pro at chocolate milkshakes!! Doesn't that sound like ways to help the medicine go down?

love.
Sara Grier