Friday, October 29, 2010

To illustrate how much improved I'm feeling I will just tell you that I ate a McDonald's happy meal for lunch yesterday. The fries didn't taste so great but the burger was fine. And no womiting. I ate at McDonald's because Mari and I were on a major shopping trip and simply didn't have time to stop. We hit JoAnn fabrics, Marbeck's, and Aldi's. All in one trip. I came home and took a nap but I take naps most days.

Tuesday I got a call from the clinic that my CMV came back positive. That would be why Mon and Tues were not so great days. Changed my meds again but at least I can swallow pills again these days. So I take this big honkin expensive pill for a week and check again. Then I think I'm off a week and back on a week. I have felt good since Tues.

I'm pretty weak and not really getting stronger, thanks to the prednizone. They cut it back 10 mg on wed so now I'm taking 5 pills a day instead of 6. Of course I have to split them between morning and evening so that means I'm still taking 6 pills because 1 is cut in half. The new antiviral is 2 big pills to replace 2 big halves of 1 very big pill; and of course they added a nice size capsule to the mix--all twice a day. So it will be a while before I'm driving. Tractors anyway.

My niece's wedding was lovely and she was beautiful. It was fun to see all the family. I was pretty tired after just the wedding though so we headed home instead of to the reception. Mark and his buddy came to the wedding which was a nice benefit--Nice to get his big bear hugs. When we arrived at the church for the wedding I checked my blood sugar and it was 48! yikes! so I sat in the car and drank juice while the kids rustled up some chicken nuggets for me to eat. It took a while to get the blood sugar count up to normal but I scrambled in to the church at the last minute.

Well it's another long day at the clinic. We've been here 2 hours and just got lab results. I could still be here at 5 the way this is going. One fellow just sat down outside my door and got his labs in half an hour or less. I seem to get the short end of the lab stick every time this week. sigh.

~Cathi

4 comments:

Robbie Stanley said...

Wow - a Happy Meal! And Major Shopping Trip! You're doing all kinds of normal life stuff, all without womiting. Glad you made it to the wedding and collected a few hugs. I hope you're out of the clinic by this time; at least you got a blog post done. Have a relaxing evening.
xox
p.s. the word verification is unbio - that's when you take back all that stuff you posted about yourself on facebook.

gail said...

LMAO. Robbie - that's hysterical!!!

Cathi,

A blood sugar of 48 is NO FUN. I'm glad you recognized the symptoms and had the kids to help you. Yikes. (I will put some bottles of glucose tabs in the mail to you. And a tip: a tablespoon of peanut butter at breakfast will help).

Does anyone know why you have stopped womiting? I like explanations, but am satisfied with the fact that you can happily eat Happy Meals. (What toy did you get? The Girl Toy or the Boy Toy???) (ba-dah-bum).

Happy weekend!

love, g

BAMc said...

Great to hear you are doing so much! Napping is good. Provides a quick recharge. Hope you enjoy some Halloween and trick-or-treaters.

Sara said...

Cathi,
Great report!! I never knew I would ever rejoice when someone told me they enjoyed a McD's meal!! Progress, woman; it's all relative.

We all celebrate your increased energy and pray this continues in the right direction. Love to you and your entire family!

Sara And Tom