Thursday, October 7, 2010

Muscling through

I came home yesterday. It's very nice being here. Sleeping in my own bed and moving around without a pole even though I have a heavy backpack of nutrition to haul around.

However I have not been keeping my food down. I am bound and determined to muscle this out and figure out how to eat and keep it down. Today my stomach has actually made hungry noises and I have obliged it by eating and since breakfast that's been successful.

Yesterday after the neupogen shot my wbc was 3.2 and my anc was 4.760 or some ridiculously high number. This means I can eat anything I want if my stomach was cooperating. I go to the clinic at 8 tomorrow morning. We're going to try an every other day schedule. That should be enough to keep my platelets and hemoglobin in the functioning range.

I confess I don't feel very good. This may be the normal pains of taking neupogen or it may be something else. I don't have the energy that I had even earlier this week.

My niece, Margaret, and her husband Craig are my caretakers this weekend then after a day with Lori, Trish will come for a few days. I think that gets me to the weekend that Conor and Annie are coming with the kids.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cathi
So glad to hear you're home. It'll be lovely to be in your own bed, surrounded by all your own things. Hope Elvis is back in pride of place on the wall!

Say Hi! to Margaret & Craig for me. Mum, Dad and I are off to France this afternoon - a week in the Bordeaux countryside. No doubt we'll visit a vineyard or two LOL.

I hope your appetite and energy levels return - without anymore up-chucking.

lots of love #2 GOT

Skip Peavey said...

Glad you are home again! You are a survivor, you will get better, I absolutely know it!!!! I am thinking and praying for you as always.
xoxo

gail said...

Cathi,

It is wonderful you are able to have some semblance of normal during this time. Enjoy every moment you are given. I hope you are able to enjoy a few tasty meals too - and only on the going down part! :)

love you!

Anonymous said...

wow - home.
wow.
keep muscling.
lots of love, Melinda

Cindy Ross said...

Cathi I am so happy you are back home. The trees are starting to change their colors and the windows of KU don't offer the best views.

I have an update on Venturing. We are up to 15 members (I am counting them if they have attended 1 meeting and actually respond to my emails/texts). We have our first campout on the calendar and have decided on Class A uniforms. (you will be happy to know they are a brilliant shade of purple). They are selling greenery to start raising money to do a Boundary Waters trip next summer. Thanks again for all your advice to get me up and going with them. Wed. Dec 1st will be our Celebration of Winter party. Please join us. Watch the FB page - Venturing Crew 2091 for details as we get closer.

Sprinkles and cartwheels to you. Cindy

Sara said...

Cathi,

SO GLAD to hear you are BACK HOME. Grl, I will cook you up anything, anything at all that sounds good. Brothy soups, mashed potatoes and gravy, YOU NAME IT.

It has to be incredibly frustrating not keeping food down, but I will cook anything that sounds remotely good to you and run it over. Just let me know!!

Sara Grier Pistorius