Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Monday clinic visit

At the clinic yesterday I got another Neupogen shot. The WBC were up a bit and the Hg and Platelets were down a bit. But some other counts were up indicating the manufacturing plant is kicking in again. So overall, a decent report.

When I go to the clinic they ask me a standard series of questions each time. "On a scale of 1-10 what is your fatigue level?" "Do you have any pain?" "Constipation or diarhea?" And so on. Yesterday Apinya came in to ask the questions and I suggested that I ask her the questions. So we went down the list but when I asked her "any hot flashes or night sweats?" she giggled away from the list. The question is actually "chills or night sweats?" but hey, I'm a middle aged woman and I have hot flashes. I do NOT have chills!

This afternoon I am having a HIDA scan to look at the gall bladder in detail. Two hours in the scanner. Definitely taking the ipod with me.

I wake up in the morning and I wish this was someone else's life. Then I get up and put one foot in front of the other and it gets easier as the day goes on.
CM

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You put one foot in front of the other, and soon you'll be walking out the door.
Rudolph probably did not get hot flashes but did get the chills.
Keep plugging away. We are with you.

Unknown said...

Hope you managed to keep hold of your ipod for the HIDA scan. 2 hours is a long time.

Beautiful blue skies in England today and not quite so cold - about +2C right now. Unlike you hardy Americans, we're not used to extreme weather :)

It's Meet the Grandson Day tomorrow isn't it? Can't wait to see the photos!!

lots of love
#2 GOT

Anonymous said...

Cathi,
One minute, one hour, one day at a time. It all spends and each minute gets you closer to the end of your trouble. Don't worry about being forgotten. You ma'am are unforgettable so don't even go there.

This will have to be under anon since I can't remember my ID. *sigh*

Love and prayers,
Donna, Gary, Matthew and Michael