Sunday, January 4, 2009

Preparing.

I have been busy trying to organize my life so that I can drop off the radar again, though not for so long, and not so thoroughly. Also, having been through the hospital routine before, I have some idea what to expect and have been busy getting all my CDs downloaded to my new iPod touch.

Mark was here this weekend and ran a cable line to the bedroom upstairs and we hooked up the Wii in my bedroom. He helped Dad get his "Christmas present of the century" from my house to Dad's house. The present is a John Deere garden tractor from Walt; very cool. It was stowed in my garage in anticipation of Christmas Day, and Mom suggested that it could stay there til the weather warmed up for mowing season. But Dad said "it has a snow blade, I want to use it to clear the driveway." However, the poor thing has a flat tire so hopefully it won't snow for a couple more days. Mark and Dad found the leak and took the tire off to have it repaired. Dad's remark after this was "but the jack is going back to Manhattan tonight." Because Mark merely lifted the mower up so they could take the tire off.

This week will be a lot of clinic visits, scans and conferences to get the plan mapped out. I am getting my head around it.

Speaking of conferences, there is one going on in my head. One woman says I need to be thinking long term, imagine myself at the lake house next summer, the Winfield Bluegrass Festival next fall, the Chiefs games after that. Another one says well the future includes 6 months in a bedroom. Someone wants to know about the business. One is anxious to hold the grandbaby. SEVERAL are pounding the table and shouting. As chair I try to corral them all back to this day.

This day is what I have and the next months will unfold one day at a time. one hour, one minute, whatever it takes. I think I worry most that I'll be forgotten. How can you live inside for almost a year and still have a life? Perhaps at the end of it, this blog will answer that question. That's what I'm counting on.

csm

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Forgotten? Never!

Cathi - you still have a life, it's just different at the moment and will be for the next few months. And perhaps you'll choose to make it different for ever more once you're healthy again. Who can say?

First things first, I suggest you get the voices inside your head under control. All this table-thumping isn't good for the blood pressure :)

love #2 GOT

gail said...

You are the focus of so many people - and Janet said it best - you have a life! And you have stayed in touch with all your friends and loved ones. 6 months from now will be here before you know it. I agree - the chairperson needs to focus on here and now and know that you are very very loved.

See you in the near future hopefully.

love, gail

Mags said...

I second what Janet said...you still definitely have a life! Isn't there a saying out there somewhere that says that life is where you make it? Someone can help me out there or correct me if I'm wrong. The blog has been a good thing...for all of us and it will be great documentation in the future of the life that you had for the past year...the ups and the downs.

The countdown to cuddling the baby is on for now!

Love-
Margaret

John and Janean said...

Kathi: I don't post here often(Don’t often think of bright, cheerful things to say), but you should know Janean and I think of you all the time.

I don't think I got the puncuation right on the above... Sorry.

I think I should study "Eats, Shoots & Leaves"

John & Janean

Liz said...

Like Janet says, just a different life at the moment. We are with you every step of the way, either watching or listening, thinking of you and sending you the biggest and best wishes and prayers anyone could receive. Through this blog we all peek in on your life and keep in touch.

Maybe stalk is more appropriate than peek for some of us "mostly lurkers." :)

Tell that chairman of the board that I know she is in charge. In charge, calm, collected, and the voice of reason.

We love you
Liz, Andres, Adam & Nicole