Friday, January 30, 2009

Wiicounting events of Friday...

Loooooong day at the clinic today. My counts were down and I received a unit of blood and a unit of platelets. I also did some Pentamadine breathing. And had a CT Scan of my lungs.

The scan showed further improvement from the last scan a couple of weeks ago (I'm not sure pneumonia ever goes completely away!) But Dr. A ordered the scan because he heard a little wheeze in one lung. Drat. He said it could just be something bronchial with all the stuff in the air. So that's what I'm counting on.

I still feel good, though tired. I guess a Hg count of 6.6 would explain why I didn't get out of my chair much at all yesterday. I notice occasionally when I run up the stairs too fast that I get a little breathless. Everything is relative though; it's nothing like it was in the summer before I went in the hospital the first time.

Dr. A emphasized "Call about ANYTHING! Fever, cough, rash...." so I will take my temperature, observe my body and hopefully not have to call.

Monday I will have a bone marrow biopsy. If it shows good cells, then we schedule a new transplant and move forward. If it's empty, we wait a week. I think there will be good cells. That is why I feel so good. What we are waiting on for the next move is to see some new action in my bone marrow.

Looking forward to visiting with Walt and Conor this weekend. Walt will be here one more week then will go back to New Hampshire for a few weeks. He's hoping to house hunt in Johnson County this weekend.

Finally, even though I haven't turned on the Wii today, I was very amused by a friend's comments about the thing. She asked to wiimain anonymous so I have wiispected that wiiquest while sharing with you:

"I have no Wiiluctance in letting you use the puns; I'm glad you are Wiiceptive to Wiieally Wiierd mind states. Which ones will you Wii-iterate? Wiill your friends Wiitaliate for such bad puns being thrust upon them? I'm not sure I want credit for any of them; they expose the depth of my depravity. (For which I often have Wiimorse.)"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL! I wiieally love the puns! ;o)

Glad to hear the day went well. And that Walt and Conor are back in town with you this weekend. I'm working on more great DeVore band names to keep you chuckling!

Love you!
Nancy D

Unknown said...

Hope today goes well at the clinic and your bone marrow is doing what it should.

We've had loads of snow this weekend. Not up to the standard of New Hampshire but enough to bring the entire transport infrastructure of South East England to a halt :)

lots of love #2 GOT

Anonymous said...

Cathi had a great day on Saturday and then went into the hospital on Sunday morning with a fever. The counts were low and she was dehydrated. Lots of blood, lots of fluids & platelets. Two days later she is doing better, and has a slight fever on Tuesday am. The fever keeps going up and down, so we are grateful for the improvements. She is in the BMT ward (Rm 4109) will stay there until the counts get back up, which should be somewhere around the 7th of February. And then a decision will be made on transplant dates. Vistors are being limited due to risk of infection with Conor, Mark, Walt & Dad have all spent time with her in the hospital.