Friday, December 31, 2010

12.31 - A New Life Begins

Well a little faster than we imagined, Mom has gone home to Heaven. I'll have a more detailed write-up of everything tonight, but she passed at 7:36 PM surrounded by many of us. In the meantime, I wanted to post tentative funeral arrangements. These are yet to be confirmed, but I know many would like to make plans and / or have heard from family members so I wanted to get in front of it.

Tuesday Evening, 1.4: Visitation, Rosary, and a Boy Scout Memorial
Wednesday, 1.5 (TBD - targeting mid-morning): Funeral service at Church of the Ascension in Overland Park, KS followed by a reception and meal
Thursday, 1.6: Graveside burial @ Highland Cemetery in Winfield, KS followed by a reception and meal

All events will be focused on celbrating her life as she wanted.

There is a bereavement travel service for those needing to fly in from other places. I would recommend waiting until the timelines are solidified, but the funeral home director highly recommended this place as they hold seats on airlines and should be able to offer competitive prices as well as have some availability.

Dignity Memorial Bereavement Travel Program
Phone: 800.224.4177
They will need the following questions answered:
- Name of the Funeral Home: McGilley Memorial Chapels
- Name of the Deceased: Cathi Maynard
- Reference Number: 2520

Lots of love,

Conor, Mark, and Family

5 comments:

Sara said...

Conor, Marc, and family. My heart has been with you all day. This has been her 'welcoming' day. I've thought all day long how she stayed with Tom overnight with her dogs in the van 3 years ago when we had to protect all the Troop 91 garage sale stuff on 95th st. Cathi was that kind of gal. She will forever rule in our hearts.
Sara & Tom Pistorius

Anonymous said...

I received a call from Walt tonight, but do not have a numer to call him back. Cathi knows all of the answers now, and will never be in pain again. I am so excited that she was able to die, as she lived, on her own terms. She lived life with integrity. No one can ever take that away from her or from her family. I will miss you always. I am hoping to be in Kansas this week. Will know more tomorrow.
Your cousin,
Cheryl

Judy said...

I have known Cathi for some time, but have gotten to really know her through our many email conversations during these 2.5 years. After reading yesterday's post, she has been my constant companion all day today and will remain in my heart. I am proud to have been her friend will miss her dearly.

brianmargaret said...

Dear Conor, Mark & family,

Please accept our heartfelt sympathy on the loss of Cathi, she is now free of pain and can rest in peace. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Much love, Margaret & Brian

Anonymous said...

I don't know if anyone is still making reservations, but United Airlines gives a 10% discount off their published price for a "Compassion Fare". You have to book via phone, but they waive the booking fee. You have to know the funeral home, phone number, and the funeral director's name.

Margaret