Monday, December 22, 2008

Shave and a hair cut - 2 bits!

Two bits is more than I paid for my first post treatment haircut today. Jodi Hanna who has done my hair for years found an appointment for me this morning; Monday of Christmas week! And then she didn't charge me for the visit. Thanks Jodi!

I wanted her to tidy up the back and show me what I could do with it. I explained that when I put gel on it and try to spike it, it all points to the side. As if a conehead was leaning on the arm of the makeup chair so on stage the cone tipped. Jodi said I looked great, and I am probably doing the best thing with my hair right now. I had an appointment with Jodi for August 4th to change the style. This was the makeup visit but the style has already changed.

I'm sorry I don't have a photo with this post, but you would not see much difference. Because I'm unwilling to post a picture of the back of my neck.

The other exciting thing that happened today is the clinic called to schedule my 100 day checkup. (Today is day 88 or 89.) I go in January 6th for "labs and a bone marrow biopsy," then show up on the 19th for the results. I put that in quotes because that is what the tech said but I'm not sure what that means. I have labs every time I go to the clinic. Sometimes it's 3 tubes of blood, other times 13. I think when I was getting ready for the transplant there were about 40. Really! I wonder how many there will be for the follow up.

A scout family has offered to clean my house and move me on Saturday the 27th. They promised to bring their suburban which is overkill for a Wii, a box of books and a few clothes. Perhaps I will get a suburbanful of Christmas presents between now and then. Watch the streets for the Curfman Magic Carpet Moving Suburban.

cm

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

From Janice, who remembers her password quite well and too bad if the website has forgotten it:

Sister, I seriously doubt if your new 'do can compete with my Pointy-Haired-Boss-bedhead look, but I'll reserve judgment until I arrive and see it in person. And isn't a new haircut one of life's lovely little pleasures? Looking forward to dinner Christmas eve and Chuck says thank you so much for the prayers, because he really wants to get home Wednesday evening and he really wants me to keep painting!!

gail said...

counting down the days with you!

And I'm sure your hair is lovelier than it has ever been. From the looks of the earlier pic, it is quite dark. maybe having the red-hair gene is having some side-benefits? But what do I know - not a gray hair on my head since I wash it out regularly.

Hey and you have a birthday in about a week too. Lots of things to celebrate!!

love, g

Unknown said...

Sounds like you'll be celebrating your birthday in your own home. That's good because that's where I've posted your birthday present! All beautifully wrapped and then scrunched into a jiffy bag :)

Have fun tonight and speak tomorrow
lots of love #2 GOT