Friday, September 4, 2009

Hopscotch vs. Dodge Ball

Today is a pretty good day. I haven't slept all day like I seem to have the rest of the week. No clinic visit so I'm free to set my agenda. And my stomach is better, not so uneasy as it's been. I hope this is from the different drug that Dr. Ganguly gave me yesterday. It's one I took in the hospital that got taken off the list, but designed to deal with graft vs. host in the gut.

It seems like every day is a new day. Every day I start from the same place, no gains left from the day before. I'm only clocking 5 minutes on the treadmill right now. And sometimes only once a day.

Last night I wondered if it was just depression. Lethargy and disinterest that go along with that. Today I feel better. I started taking Effexor this week again. They prescribe it for hot flashes, but I'm sure I benefit from the anti-depressant action as well.

Food still doesn't taste right, or even good all the time. Drinks are particularly annoying. I'd love to have a nice diet coke but it doesn't even taste like coke. Juice and gatorade, neither of which is enough calories to matter.

So the card of the day was Hopscotch Days vs. Dodge Ball days. I'm looking for more Hopscotch days.

6 comments:

Walt said...

Oh yeah it is the poll position for Walt. Dodge ball is always a good thing. It is a childs game and takes at least 10 years of age off the mind. Glad to see the continued improvement. Looking forward to a good weekend. Walt

gail said...

Sending you lots of hugs & love from Colorado. See you via web-cam in a few short days!!

love, gail

Unknown said...

oh - what a WV I have today. Terse!

Hello dear, hope you're looking forward to a Hopscotch Sunday. Glad to hear the changes to the drug routine are helping you feel a bit better.

This long slog will come to an end soon. Bath yourself in positivity.

lots of love #2 GOT xx

Nancy said...

I'm a Hopscotch fan.... ;O)

Life always has it's ups and downs, no matter your status. Glad to hear your still weathering them with good humor!

This is a really simple, yet fun little test Gail pointed out recently:
http://latimes.visualdna.com/15001/?from=buddy

Love ya and thinking about you!
Nancy in DC

Anonymous said...

Cathi,

I haven't been able to post anything for over a week or so, and tomorrow Tom flies out for a week trip for work and I head to Winfield (glorious Winfield, where my family and friends have gathered for almost 30 years to play music...it's our Xmas, truly). I missed it for the last 3 years because I couldn't get away from my work...a company that 'gave' everyone 5 weeks vacay but you couldn't get away!! So it was great on paper! But I loved your last message, you are such a dear soul. Will have to meet with you to talk about the 'history' record for T91.

Sending big hugs your way. Also, want you to know that about 7 or 8 years ago I took Effexor XR for depression for 1 year. I was amazed! And this, from a daughter of both a father and FIL of pharmacists. It was a wonder drug. Helped with 'power steering', getting me through some dark times. I can only hope that drug can help you, too. Fingers crossed, sister!!!

Sara Grier and Tom Pistorius

Anonymous said...

Yea, why don't you try a real COKE. The calories are not a problem. Sprite is always a good thing too. Off to Kansas tomorrow. Wish I could make it to KC. But my boat is loaded out west.
Diane