Friday, November 27, 2009

I had a lovely Thanksgiving starting with mimosas and egg casserole with the newspaper ads at Walt's and ending with a big dinner at Walt's. In between I baked my famous Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes and Apples. We had a satisfying number of people present: my family and Walt's in-laws, kids of all ages and generations. The turkey was fabulous and I didn't care who won the football games. What could be better?

Today Mark and Walt moved a couple of things from Mom's house and rearranged things at my house to suit me. I sorted out my new upstairs office. I'm ready to open and dissect broken computers. I'm not the least regretful about not doing any kami-kaze shopping today.

Mark left this afternoon and took Daisy with him. I almost asked him to leave her. She is so sweet and well behaved. But I decided living back at home is risk enough for now. Daisy is a small "cattle dog mix." She weighs about 35#, is tri-color except for a blue streak on her nose and is self feeding, something of a novelty for a lab lover. She was Mark's dog originally but I got her when he lived in the fraternity house in college and I refused to give her back.


Bernadette & Richard skype called from New Zealand to send Thanksgiving wishes and we had a fine webcam session with Harrison. Little HB had his first haircut today. I don't remember any sportscars in the Friendly Barbershop where my kids got their haircuts.

I'm getting my head prepared for the next period in this game. I have moved home because I need to live like a healthy person. Mom & Dad need to live their lives too. I don't feel very patient exactly about the process, but it is a process. Just meet each new challenge as it comes.

I believe in the collective subconscious. So y'all need to get your heads in the game too. I want the positive vibes going on around me. This is going to be okay.

~Cathi

2 comments:

gail said...

and a Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Moving home is a huge step - it is very exciting, especially now that you have an office set-up. You have somewhere to go every day. :)

HB looks so grown up. No tears in that picture. You are every right to be as proud as you are of your grandson. Excited for #2 to come along too.

Am sending lots of karma and my usual rallying of the troops to send you positive thoughts and prayers. You have such a wonderful perspective!

love, gail

Nancy said...

What a wonderful day it sounds like you had! We were all thinking of you from Cinci, and continue to do so every day. We're with ya on the Karma!!!

Love you!
Nancy, back in DC