Wednesday, November 25, 2009

It ain't over til it's over

And it's not over yet.
The results of last week's biopsy show a significant increase in Cathi cells, complete with disease. So we are scrambling to implement a new treatment regimen with a drug to combat the disease and a booster of t-cells from Walt.
It's important for the treatment to take effect before any leukemia sneaks back in.
I am continuing with my move home. I feel great. My counts are still very good. Everyone, including the doctor, was in shock at the biopsy results. With the counts improving and staying high, nobody suspected anything amiss inside the marrow.
I'm very mad and a little sad at the same time. It's just irritating to stretch that bungee cord so far I think I've beat it, only to be jerked back once again.
Yesterday was a flurry of paperwork for the new drug, and nurses hugging my neck and saying don't give up yet.
I still feel good and energetic and certainly I know how to avoid germs and things.
One nurse gave me a magnet not long ago that has a quote from Winston Churchill "If you're going through hell, keep going."
So I'll keep going.
~Cathi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep going Darling, and we're all still here with you.

lots of love #2 GOT