Sunday, November 8, 2009

Strength & stamina

Sunday evening full of pot roast and fresh broccoli salad. And a little bit of ice cream. I haven't itched much today but it's beginning to happen now. Hopefully I'll be in bed asleep before it gets bad. The rash is bright red spots that live on my abdomen, chest and back, but move around the rest of my body. The ENTIRE rest of my body: my arms, legs, face, neck, ears, head, etc.

I saw a dermatologist this week who biopsied a bright red rash spot. Then wanted to biopsy two ugly scars on my back. That have been there unchanged for 45 years or so. Good grief. I ignored that but made an appointment to go back in two weeks to have a cyst removed.

The mammogram this week was uneventful, looked exactly the same as last year. The radiologist who read the CT scan of my lungs saw something abnormal in my breast and ordered a mammogram. Turns out it was a thick spot that was examined ad nauseum 6-8 years ago. So onward. It was time for the annual mammo anyway.

I spent Friday night at my house alone. Peggy and I went out to dinner and did some shopping. Several stores, we had all kind of things we thought we needed. We ate at Cactus Grille where they have a bottle of hand sanitizer on every table. I reckon the swine flu has made the world safer for me to navigate at this point in my recovery.

I have purchased airline tickets for me and Mark to go to Chicago for Christmas. I have purchased a birthday and a Christmas present for Harrison. (I bought the birthday toy that Peggy and I played with the most Friday night.)

Saturday I visited Kemper art gallery and went to my nephew's last football game. I came home and took a nap after that, but overall I have really good stamina.

This week I have PT tomorrow, the last session. And I still need to blow up that balance ball because that is what she's going to teach me. This will likely be my last PT session. I have lots of exercises and doing them regularly will build strength and flexibility. I don't have near the arm strength that I had before, but my legs are beginning to resemble real legs.

I go to the clinic Tuesday and assuming the numbers are good, I'll be doing more. I'm anxious for the driving privileges.

~Cathi

1 comment:

Walt said...

Pole position for Walt, What a deal. It was great to see you at the football game and almost have my sister back to spend time with. Before long I will be back to showing up unannounced, drinking a bottle of wine and enjoying the conversation around your kitchen table. It has been over 15 years since we have done that. I guess we can wait a little longer while you get your strength back.
Great to see you moving around. Walt