Sunday, November 29, 2009

On the up side

Up on the housetop click, click, click.

Down through the chimney with good St. Nick.

Today I used my new energy to decorate for Christmas. Debbie called this morning and said "I want to come up and take you shopping or help you decorate or whatever." I jumped on that offer and we hauled out the holly. Here we are in front of our handiwork (actually mostly Debbie's handiwork.)



This evening I still feel good, not at all worn out like I would have before 7-11 (July 11, 2008 when I went in the hospital.) I am making use of the continuing high counts. The only thing that bothers me is the tingling neuropathy in my feet. I have managed it so far by changing shoes and socks, but Mom suggested vitamin B complex this week and perhaps I noticed a difference today.

Dad woke me up this morning with a Starbucks and I roused up and went downstairs to find my cousins sitting in the family room. Ha ha. They were supposed to stop by and eat lunch with me, but decided to drive all night from Cincinnati for some reason. So I had a great visit with Carol, Roger and Brian, then I fixed their lunch for Debbie. Thank goodness Dad came over--no telling how late I would have slept.

Yesterday I took niece Caroline shopping for her bedroom. She is a young artist (12) with a surprisingly thorough eye for home decor. We decided on a bedspread from the store, but opted for curtains found on-line. We walked through several stores including Bed, Bath & Beyond before my feet told me to give them a break. I had a great time with her and I held up well.

So, to the clinic tomorrow for new drugs and ideas. But tonight, retiring with the Sunday crossword.

~Cathi

3 comments:

Walt said...

Yipee, it's the pole for Walt. I even beat Janet. What a way to start the work week. Cathi it was great to have you at our table for Thanksgiving dinner. So glad to see you back in your house again.
Your decorations look great. We will have to work to get our decorations set up as you are ahead of us.
Happy Monday! Walt

Anonymous said...

Great picture!! I'm sure the house looks wonderful as always! I got our decorations up this week and I always ask myself "What Would Cathi Do?" when I arrange everything. It's so much more fun that way :)

So happy you are continuing to feel well and are working to keep putting one foot in front of the other. You are always full of life, sunshine, and options!

Love-
Margaret

Robbie Stanley said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend all around. Enjoy, enjoy!