Tuesday, November 10, 2009

a very happy day

Today I went to the clinic and saw Dr. McGuirk. Keeping in mind that he is the eternal over-optimist, it was a VERY positive visit.

My counts were high. Platelets were 111. Platelets go up first. Hg was 8.5 and wbc 4.0. I have more stamina than I did before I got sick in 2008.

I can drive.
I can move home.
I have a beeeeuuuuteeeeeful rash. Be careful with it but it's what we want to see.

No gardening, but what else do you want to do?

I picked up my car and took it to the shop for the brake work it needs. Mom put the last coat of varnish on the new stair railing (I've been using it, but it wasn't quite finished.)

I am really getting well.

It has been a very happy day.

I had lunch with two scout friends, Dick and Brant. We had a great time catching up, gossiping and trading stories. Dick stood up to leave and he said "I'm going to go home and Pat is going to ask me questions about you and I'm going have to answer "I don't know...we didn't get to that."" Ha ha. We had a lot of laughs. I am thinking about when to go to a scout meeting. There are things to think about like H1N1.

I have had a flu shot but the clinic does not have H1N1 vaccine yet. BMT patients like myself cannot be around people who have the nasal spray H1N1 vaccine for 8 days, and of course we can't get that one. So I will be making calls to my other doctors to see if someone has the vaccine.
Never, ever, ever, ever give up.

~Cathi

7 comments:

gail said...

Happy is an understatement. Celebrating with you!

love, gail

brianmargaret said...

Hello Cathi,

You are an excellent example of 'never, ever, ever, ever giving up' !

We are delighted to hear your good news.

We will raise a glass to you today.

All our love, Margaret & Brian

Unknown said...

Any excuse for my Mum & Dad to get the bubbly out!!

I am so happy and excited for you. Enjoy getting back to 'normal'.

lots of love #2 GOT

Walt said...

Cathi,
Wonderful news. Glad my little guys are working so well for you. Each day we are getting closer & you are getting healthier. Before long this will be but a page in your scrapbook.
So happy for your success. Walt

Unknown said...

Great to hear! I'm happy for you. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Nancy said...

Never, ever, ever is right. You are my hero!!!

Love you!
Nancy in DC

BAMc said...

Awesome! This news…priceless!