Saturday, November 15, 2008

Another weekend

Saturday morning in my new digs. Not at my house yet, but upstairs at Mom & Dad's house. Mari is here, otherwise known as the "Red Tornado" (a reference to the old Ajax commercial and her red hair.) She is a cleanin' machine. She nuked the upstairs bed and bath and I gathered my stuff and we moved. I slept upstairs last night....completely unremarkably.

I have accumulated a lot of stuff here. Clothes and books and files and medical paraphenalia. The clothes are being winnowed of all the summer items and the britches that wind up around my ankles when I put them on. This gratifying experience is dimmed only slightly by having to give up some favored bloomers.

Mom and Dad are at the lake house where Mom is recovering from an illness. She visited the doctor and got a prescription for antibiotic, but it might be a virus, might be asthma, might be... At any rate, the sisters showed up to bail me out. Lori and a friend finished cleaning my house yesterday and located my treasured recipes so I will browse and make some menus.

My friend Robbie is coming from Vermont today, a trip put on hold this summer. She will stay with me til Tuesday when she returns home and after that I am calling on the girlfriends. It will be an interesting relay of people.

I have a rash that appears over most of my body at one time or another. It comes and goes and sometimes itches like crazy. I discovered that my fingertips are numb yesterday while working on a sewing project. I could not feel the thread and had to operate visually, thus clumsily. A very peculiar sensation. They tingle and burn from time to time but I had not been aware of numbness.

Good news is my hair covers my head now. It gets messed up and there are some annoying cowlicks in it. I don't know where to get creme rinse or mustache wax to keep it tidy. (My kids used mustache wax on their hair during a one-time trend.)

And I'm off to my day of high protein and lots of water. And a different companion.

Cathi

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

moving upstairs. Is this like moving up town, or just making way for progress. Glad to hear things are doing well. Fall is upon us and it has rained most of the past 10 days. Caroline had her 11th birthday today and was so excited to get your card. Janice also sent one and she was happy to hear from family.

Mags said...

Movin on up! Sounds like a good move...and stairs now too! Wahoo!

It's snowing here tonight. First snow of the season...I was very excited to get to see it!

Enjoy all your company and your new living quarters!

Love-
Margaret

brianmargaret said...

Hello Cathi, We've been away in Germany for a few days, visiting our 3 grandsons. As a result, we haven't "tuned in " for a while. However, we're pleased & excited to read about your progress. Hope you 'wallow' in your new digs and enjoy your new company.
The colours have been outstanding in The New Forest this autumn but the leaves are beginning to drop now so winter is on its way !! Love M & B