Monday, November 24, 2008

Harrison has arrived

Harrison made his entrance this afternoon about 3:30, weighing in at 8# 1 oz, and being 21" long. I wish I had a photo to post but I have seen him on the video and he is a beautiful baby. Annie is fine and Conor is thrilled. As am I.

I finally called Cheryl, Annie's mom, this afternoon. I knew she was in the waiting room at the hospital. Then Conor sent me a text, and said "tell Cheryl he's almost crowning" I shot back "Rnt U coaching?" He said "yes! but take breaks between contractions." I called Cheryl who swore she had the worst situation sitting in the waiting room outside. Worse than me sitting in Kansas City. I'm inclined to agree with her, especially when I figured out Conor was texting news to me to relay to her.

But Cheryl called from the room a few minutes later to tell me he had arrived and all was well. Then Conor called. It was exciting to hear the baby cry. And a huge relief to hear everyone was ok.

This evening we had a video session and Mom & Dad and I watched him and chatted with Conor & Annie and Cheryl. Conor has a Cubs hat on Harrison. For those who wonder, his hair is light but not blonde. About the color of Conor's hair.

So tomorrow, back to the clinic. CT scan of the liver and the usual blood work. I do not expect to have the Walt/Cathi DNA ratio until next week.

Grandma Cathi

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm all smiles for you, Conor and Annie. Congradulations Grandma Cathi. I'm looking forward to the pictures. Thanks for letting us know. Would like to have Conor's e-mail address and home address.

You are blessed.
Diane

Mags said...

Congratulations Grandma Cathi!!! How exciting!!! I too am looking forward to pictures...so glad you all had the technology so you could "be" there. What an exciting day for you!

Love-
Margaret

Robbie Stanley said...

Woo Hoo Grandma!!! omg, what wonderful news. And a relief that Harrison was not 10+ pounds, but is healthy and beautiful. And the parents/kids are fine. Please post pics asap!
robbie

brianmargaret said...

Congratulations Grandma Cathi !
We are so thrilled for you.
Janet has sent the pictures to us - Harrison is a truly bonnie bouncing baby!
Congratulations to all the family too.
It's very special. Much love from, Margaret & Brian