Monday, November 3, 2008

I am 94% my brother.

Dr. McGuirk today reported that my blood is 94% donor. He was positively agape over that percentage, saying it's really great for this soon after transplant. Today is Day 40.

So look out world. There's more of Walt's genetics out there. No idea what the long term consequences of that will be.

McGuirk also called me "boring" and said he liked boring. No eating out yet, but guests and mall walking. At the empty Metcalf South mall. NOT at the crowded Oak Park mall.

So I will continue to Christmas shop in the Sunday paper ads and on-line and etc. I think the hardest part of shopping though is that I haven't seen anyone to get ideas about what they want. I have found a couple of things I want though. One of the items being touted for exercise by the clinic staff is the Nintendo Wii Fit. Who knew?

Meanwhile, the WBC count was down a little today as was the hemoglobin. The magnesium is creeping up. Mom and I trundled around the mall a couple of times on the way home and did a couple of other errands, most important of which was driving through Starbucks for a soy Carmel Machiato to celebrate how boring I am!

Another big thing from today's clinic visit...I'm down to onc clinic visit per week now. Cancel the visit this Thursday and don't come back til Monday. These lifestyle changes are coming at a rapid pace! Not as fast as the change that started July 11th, 2008, but fast enough. Today I start tapering off one of the immune suppresant drugs. It's a big honking purple thing, 4 a day, and I will be glad to lay it to rest. It also has to be taken on an empty stomach, which is a nuisance because I like to eat. all the time! The taper lasts til Dec 22, so it's not speedy or anything and involves lots of pill chopping. Music to my ears.

y'all be careful out there!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cathi, Do I get credit on my blood donor card when you donate blood. Sure is nice to be able to delegate work like that. They tell me I need to delegate more at work, so I will start by getting you a copy of my donor card.
94% percent is that all they have to give... This is great news and I am so pleased to see you doing better. I hope it stays this way and you do not experience a 'Pigpen' momment.
Walt

Anonymous said...

There was this boy and he was in class and he went up to the teacher to ask if he could go to the bathroom. The teacher responded "Not until you learn the first five letters of the alphabet." The boy goes home and asks his big sister, who is with her boyfrient. The boy asks. "What is the first letter of the alphabet?" The sister answers, "What you're wearing is so ugly today."
The boy goes to his mother who is watching Batman, asking her what the second letter of the alphabet is. The mother responds "Batman & Robin."
The boy goes to his dad who was cleaning the toilet, asking for the third letter of the alphabet. The father answers, "I live in the toilet."
The boy asks his brother for the fourth letter of the alphabet while he is taking out the trash. The brother tells him, "I am taking out the trash."
Finally the boy asks his grandfather for the fifth letter while he is watching football on TV. The grandfather shouts, "Forty-Nine & hit'em hard!"
The next day the the boy goes to his teacher asking to go to the bathroom. Again the teacher responded asking for the first five letters of the alphabet. The boy quickly responds, "What you are wearing is so ugly today." Off to the principal's office he goes. The principal asks for his name. "Batman & Robin" the boy responds. So the principal asks where do you live, to which the boy responds, "I live in the toilet." Frustrated the principal asks if the boy thinks he needs a punishment. Quick with a quip the boy responds, "I am taking out the trash."
"I think I prefer to give a spanking" the principal responds. The boy shouts back,"49 and hit'em hard."

So this is Anthony telling you another bad joke from the Snells. Dad says I will not be getting out of school early. I miss you and am coming to KC to see you when you are better

gail said...

94% Walt and how much of Anthony?

I am actually glad that you are not 100% Walt. That would be more fun than most of us could handle. hahahaha. (I love you Walt!)

Cathi - it is fabulous to hear such continuing great news. You will be burning a rut in the tile at Metcalf south very soon. Keep it up!!

love, gail

Anonymous said...

The Wii Fit is great. You will definitely get a good workout and it tracks your progress, etc. The sports games are good also and fun. My mom and aunt enjoy it and love to play. I'm sure it would bring some excitement to your "boring" life. Work on it and I'll challenge you at the balance games next time we see you!

Mags said...

Hello from Brazil! 94% is a great percentage...It's an A...even in Catholic school standards! That's very very great news!

The Wii Fit is awesome. I am in love with it. Craig and I got a Wii and got the Wii fit and have some much fun with it. There are lots of games at a variety of levels and they can give you a really great workout if you don't watch out!

Margaret

Unknown said...

I've played tennis on the Wii and its great fun. Go for it!

Great news about the 94%. How are the leg hairs doing??

love #2 GOT