Wednesday, November 5, 2008

From boring to exciting and back again

Tuesday when I showered I discovered a rash on my upper back and chest. After this discovery, I registered that my back had been itching for several days. So we dutifully reported this change to the answering machine at the clinic. About an hour later the nurse called and said "Can you come in right now? If it's graft vs. host, we need to get ahead of it as quickly as we can." So I cancelled my engagement for the afternoon and loaded up for the clinic instead. sigh.

I arrived. I was seen. I was dismissed. "maybe it is, maybe it isn't" Use this ointment and call if anything changes. another sigh, but on with the day. (it's like the old saw "take 2 aspirin and call me in the morning.")

I called my friend and we took the planned drive to have a look at the fall colors a little later than scheduled. No problem. It was nice to get out and go someplace besides the clinic, even if we were going nowhere. and there was enough color still to satisfy me.

So that was the Tuesday excitement in my life...since I voted by mail a long time ago.

Today is Dad's birthday and sister Lori is here from Fontana, KS (in case you haven't heard of it) to give M&D the day off. They left this morning headed for the Liberty Memorial and WWI museum. Hope they enjoy it. Lori and I ran some errands, though alas, we did not find a WII. Now she is baking a birthday cake for Dad and I am relaxing with the computer.

Meanwhile I continue to feel good and energetic.

Don't get konked on the head when a squirrel drops his nut. These guys around here are just moving too fast. Seems like they drop as much as they stash. One on the bedroom deck this morning had what must be the only remaining walnut in the yard. A tasty, trashy treat.

Cathi

2 comments:

Mags said...

Check the local Blockbuster for the Wii. That's where we ended up getting ours. Walmart gets random shipments of them in on the weekends and Tuesday nights. If you find a Wii Fit before a Wii, snatch it up...they are harder to find then the Wii!

Glad you got to see the fall colors! I'm sure they are pretty this year with all the rain you all had!

We presented today in Brazil and it went well. Got to go on a tour this afternoon and baking myself too long in the sun! The tour was great and I learned a lot!

Keep your head up and I hope the rash goes away very soon! Remember 94% is excellent!

Anonymous said...

Graft vs. Host. Hmmmm. Just when you thought you were getting along with your litter brother one of the two of us wakes up. We are olny half way there to breaking our record for living together. It is not the same this time not being there and all. I guess all that goes with living half way across the US. We are looking forward to Janice & Chuck for thanksgiving and have some treats to send home with them.
Take, and do not scratch me to hard...