Friday, November 7, 2008

The view outside



I love the little purple birdhouse tucked in the ivy on the trunk of this walnut tree. The shadows change on it as the sun moves across the sky during the day. Which will tell you how much time I have on my hands. So I tell you with some confidence that no birds are living in this house.

I am busy sewing....I'll tell you what if and when I finish it. Planning a bathroom remodel. Wondering what I would do if I weren't quarantined. The first thing would be to walk the dogs outside in this beautiful fall weather.

Still limited on guests though the rash has disappeared. I expect the counts will have to be up two weeks in a row before I can go out to eat. Macaroni Grill is what I've been interested in for weeks now.

Dad's birthday was this week and for the 19th year in a row I gave hime a purple Santa ornament. His comment was "I can't believe you keep finding them!" Fortunately I scored big last year and had one stashed for him. It started because I thought the purple Santa I spied was fun. The next year I stumbled on one from Hallmark. And since then it's a traditional hunt every year.

4 comments:

gail said...

Another Friday night and you are still perky (nice word, eh?)

Amazing how not very many young people know how to sew. I taught Ben a long time ago, or maybe he taught himself, but he definitely knows how to thread the machine & stitch fabric together. I'm a cruel mother, I know, teaching him how to sew (& ultimately survive on his own). haha.

Speaking of visitors... after 3 weeks of campaign workers living in the basement (at times there were 9 of them), only one remains. Another is coming back next week to stay for another week or two. A few of them will remain in Denver but are getting their own apartment. It was fabulous having them here since the house has been unbelievably empty since Ben went to Israel. Never a dull moment.

Do you have a pic of the newest KState ornament?

Sending you lots of love,

-gail

Anonymous said...

I missed much of the leaves turning colors this year so when I was here it was spectacular. It is amazing when you are away from things what you will appreciate. The picture you took was really nice. The vines on the tree are really nice & the picture is well done. Too bad you can not sit out there without fear of being bombed by squirrels or walnuts.
It has rained much of the week & weekend here screwing up my vacation, but I am enjoying the warmer fall weather.
Take care and enjoy the colors this year.

Robbie Stanley said...

Very nice photo! And commentary. Keep taking those pics and/or getting to know your camera.
I agree with Walt - the weather's been amazingly warm here; it's a gift we appreciate very much.
Love, Robbie

Unknown said...

The BBC run a nature show each fall called Autumn Watch, and this year the focus has been on English Red Squirrels and how quickly they learn in order to retrieve nuts. Ended up with an obstacle course for squirrels! Check it out if it's still on the BBC website.

Hope the rash has abated. Only days to go now until we'll be calling you Grandma Cathi :-)

lots of love #2 GOT