Wednesday, June 24, 2009

D - 5

Chemo day 2. Uneventful. Was at the clinic 3 1/2 hours. Getting blood, Caspo (anti-fungal), chemo and anti-nausea stuff before it all started.

I have a little fanny pack, that is heavy and annoying, with anti-nausea juice in it. It helps with the nausea. It also helps relax me as it is a mix of Benedryl and Ativan. So far I've just taken a couple of squirts in the late afternoon. The remainder of the day I wrestle the thing around. Over my shoulder, around my waist. It has to be moved out of the way to fasten a seatbelt.

I could describe going to the bathroom with it around my waist but I'm not feeling that long winded. Suffice to say there is a dangling strap; there is my shirt tail over my britches; access to my britches seems to be above the girdling strap..... and you get the picture.

I did walk on the treadmill this afternoon. 25 minutes with Dick Francis.
Tomorrow back to the clinic.
I have babysitters for this weekend so M&D can get away.

I'm cranky. I have things I need that I'm not getting. I'm nervous. I'm not completely physically comfortable. I have trouble relaxing.
One of my fellow travelers said she was taking omega fish oil and she thought it helped her liver and skin. Good call, Barry. I will stock up and the minute they say I can take vitamins again, I'll be swallowing them.

Cathi

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pole position! Yay it's been a while!! Sounds like things went a little better today...very glad to hear it! Hang in there...today was hump day and sometimes getting to and over the hump is tough.

Love-
Margaret

gail said...

Just keep after them to pay attention to you - crankiness is good right now!

Can you rig up a web cam so we can see you maneuvering your fanny pack while you try to get your britches down? I'm busting a gut imagining the gymnastics feats you're pulling off. :)

Good job on the treadmill!!

love, gail

Unknown said...

ha ha great idea Gail! I'd love to see a web cam of that!

Missed commenting about the weight gain, that was really good.

Keep at it girl.

love #2 GOT

WV - meltiom - which is probably how you feel in the KC heat

Walt said...

Cathi, Hang in there. Text your needs to us and it will appear. Day 3 is upon us and only 2 more days of treatments. Back in KC and still healthy, getting ready for transplant on Monday. I leave the fanny pack comments to Gail and stay away from that one. Keep the treadmill going and thanks for the updates.