Sunday, June 7, 2009

HB and me

Big weekend here in OP. Conor and Annie and Harrison arrived for a visit. Many thanks to Sally for collecting them from the airport Friday night. I went over to my house to have a visit on my way to the clinic Saturday morning. We all played in the big king size bed and then Harrison (HB) dozed off for a few minutes. Here is the photo of the weekend.


Unfortunately, the only photo because little HB ran a fever while I was at the clinic Saturday morning and had an upset tummy and so off limits to me. Do you remember that line in "My Fair Lady" where Professor Higgins storms around his study saying "Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn." "Damn, Damn, Damn, Damn." That's how I feel.

So Conor stayed home with him and Annie went to the wedding with friends and I stayed away. Peggy joined me at M&D's for dinner and a movie.

On the upside, the clinic visit was about 30 min long this morning, just the antibiotic. The liver counts were down just a little bit yesterday and will be checked again tomorrow. So far I haven't had any more blood transfusions since they lowered the threshold for giving me blood, just a couple units of platelets.

I am losing weight and I feel like every day is a battle to consume enough calories and protein to not lose. Protein bars, protein shakes, high protein cereal, beans, and lotsa chocolate! I received a recorded message yesterday that I have an appointment with the nutritionist at the clinic on Tuesday. I hope I can at least stop the loss by then. No telling what she will come up with for me to eat!

3 comments:

Walt said...

So I guess the sanitized house is not so sanitized with HB there with a tummy ache. What a bummer.
I wish I could close the gap to get you more time with your grandbaby, but you had some quality time. Each day we get closer to transplant. Each day a new detour to getting their. M&D got their break for the weekend as well. See you soon and take care.

Unknown said...

What a lovely photo - definitely one to treasure. I guess Conor, Annie and HB have left now. Have you been back to your sanitized home since Saturday morning?

Best of luck with the nutritionist today - hope she has some pleasant suggestions for 'bulking up'!!

Are you still driving yourself to the clinic?

Take care and keep us posted on the liver counts.

wv is so unclear I think I'm going to fail this one and hope to get something I can read!

lots of love #2 GOT

Anonymous said...

What a great picture! So cute!

Hope things come in line this week. Thinking of you all the time!

Love-
Craig and Margaret