Thursday, October 15, 2009

5x without stopping....

I climbed the stairs 5x without stopping. Holy cow. I could hardly walk the rest of the day.

Today I had physical therapy AND climbed the stairs 5x without stopping. Good grief.

Two days without prednisone have also been two days without insulin. My blood sugar went to normal levels almost immediately.

I also have pain that McGuirk called graft v. host before the prednisone squelched it. So the GVH is still in there...a hopeful sign. It's not so bad that I want pain killers.

Sleep is not so good but my sisters who lived through my getting off steroids last summer will be disappointed to know I'm not doing or saying anything crazy, just lying awake. Mom has been reminding me of some of them. I think Mari pulled the straw for the worst night where I apparently attempted impossible things like moving beyond the reach of the IV pole without moving the pole.

I am looking forward to spending this weekend at my house. My friend Peggy and my son Mark are pulling the duty to look after me. I have a list of things for Mark to do for me--I hope he gets through it all!

I am moving forward with my 100% donor marrow as if it is an actual 100%. I think that acting healthy and well will lead my body to the healthiest spot. When I put on my dew rag in the mornings I imagine myself in Nedra's sidecar, the two of us riding wickedly through Oklahoma City. It makes me laugh.

~C

7 comments:

Nancy said...

Believe and it will come, you ARE 100% donor, we are with you on this one!!

You are sounding so wonderfully normal. ;o) Go get those stairs!!

Love you!
Nancy in DC

Anonymous said...

And we will have "FUN FUN FUN", TILL THE COPS TAKE OUR SCOOTER AWAY. lOVE AND kISSES
Nedra

gail said...

Head in the right place: PRICELESS!

You sound wonderfully exhausted from climbing the stairs. That is amazing considering just a couple of days ago it would have been an impossible task. You are amazing!!

Enjoy the weekend getting things done. I think it is wonderful how quickly you are regaining a semblance of normal. Again, you are amazing!

love, gail

Walt said...

I think I should come in with some corny line from Capt America, 'Here I come to save the day....'. But then it is really about all you have jumped through to get this far. A little more will not deter what you have accomplished so far.
Climbing the stairs five times, wow what a feat, not to long ago, it was a push to do three laps around the hospital ward. I am down and out right now with flu, but should be free and clean after 10 day wait period, so we could be doing T cells by halloween.
Take care, Walt

Robbie Stanley said...

I couldn't even do your stairs 5 times without stopping, seriously. You are one tough cookie. Have a great weekend back in your own home!!

Unknown said...

Back home for the weekend - wonderful. Is this the first time you'll be able to enjoy your new hearth?

Believe in a healthy body and it'll have no choice but go along with you.

Hope you have a great nest-rebuilding with Peggy and Mark!

lots of love #2 GOT

BAMc said...

Hope you have been enjoying these past few Indian Summer* days. Some great colors outside. We look forward to your next update.

wv: brome - when a man-cave takes over a whole house.

*(also a great song by a group called Audience)