Thursday, October 29, 2009

I started to post last night but was interrupted by something. Since I've slept since then, I can't even remember what was more important than updating the blog!

The count numbers were good at the clinic yesterday. Nice jump in platelets again. White cells and hemoglobin holding steady. I still feel really good. Yesterday Mom and I went shopping and hit 3 stores. And I still had energy to come home and fix supper. Most of the pains in my mid-section have eased so I can exercise again. It seems like every exercise I have on the list affects the "core."

Janet, physical therapist, called yesterday while I was at the clinic and told me she had the flu along with 3 of her 4 kids. She said "I might feel good enough by tomorrow afternoon to come see you..." I replied, "Don't come to MY house tomorrow!" yikes! Don't come for 2 weeks. I told her I have plenty of exercises and I will keep up with them. The balance is improving but I still can't stand on one leg for any amount of time. sigh.

When I looked in the mirror this morning, I recognized the face. The puffy moon face is just about gone and the hairline is improving. Sideburns fading, sidewalls filling in. I've even put on makeup a couple of times. Wearing some of my familiar clothes--none of the britches alas. It all feels good.

And the big news I can share today is that Conor & Annie are going to have another [planned] baby in May. We're all hoping for a girl but don't know for sure yet. I'm super excited. Also, I'm planning to go to Chicago (where they live) for Christmas. They want to have Harrison wake up in his own house for Christmas and I totally concur. My mother was the same way. I remember the commotion of going to Granny's for Christmas one time when we were growing up. Our car was a big station wagon but it was not big enough to haul probably 5 kids at the time and all the Christmas paraphernalia to treat them.

So, continuing to improve and feel good and gain strength.

~Cathi

3 comments:

Nancy said...

You just keep rockin!

Feeling better is what's important, nothing like listening to your body. And what could feel better than the news about another grandchild? Congratulations!! ;o)

Nancy in DC....doing more happy dances...

Unknown said...

Christmas in Chicago - that's really something to look forward to, and then a new grandchild in the Spring...

You sound great, really upbeat. Guess you won't be sorry to lose your Elvis impersonation characteristics though!

Enjoy the weekend back at home.
lots of love #2 GOT

Robbie Stanley said...

Congratulations!! A second grandchild; what wonderful news! The trip to Chicago will be here before you know it - a great "carrot" at the end of the (very long) stick to work toward.
xox