Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pumpkins and the house on Craig Dr.

I'm comfortable at M&D's house, but I spent the weekend at my house. I had a fabulous time. I was really nervous about going to bed Friday night. I had a little headache. And the last time I stayed at my house I woke up terribly sick and spent over a month in the hospital. Happily I woke up healthy. Peggy stayed with me Friday night and Mark came up Saturday and stayed the rest of the weekend.

Friday I went to lunch with my friend, Lisa, whose wedding I was in last May. Just like a regular person!

Mark installed my new dishwasher (Kenmore Elite) and hung a second railing on the steps so I can get up and down easier. And yes, I have continued to go up and down the stairs at M&D's 5x most days. I am going to make sure Dr. McGuirk knows this flight of stairs has 14 steps instead of the usual 11. I think that should count.

Sunday, Mark and I went to Louisburg Cider Mill to partake of some fun, cider and donuts. I actually had root beer--nothing unpasteurized yet. The place was packed with kids and pumpkins and straw bales and I really enjoyed watching them. Conor and Annie took Harrison to the pumpkin patch Sunday too, so I'm posting two photos here, Mark and Harrison in the pumpkin patches.























No photos of me yet but the fat face is getting closer to normal. PT was today and we worked on balance. I have just about none. So now I have a list of "exercises" to do to improve my balance. No hair to speak of.

I looked for some specific things at my house unsuccessfully. I remember Dad telling me when they finished neutering my house, "your entire life is in bags in the garage." Mom and my sisters have put a lot of it back in the house, but there are still quite a few bags out there. Hopefully one of them has a quilt top that I started in the 80s. And one has my favorite goto recipes.

Tomorrow I go to the clinic. I've no idea what I will find out but I'd like to know there is more information coming my way. Look for news.

~Cathi

2 comments:

Robbie Stanley said...

I got a kick out of the "kids" with the pumpkins! And it's wonderful to hear of all the normal stuff you did at your house. Congratulations, and here's to many, many more!!

Rhonda, DJ, Winston and David said...

Good to hear you are off the predizone. Another big step to feeling like normal. Whatever that is!! I was thinking of you moving back in to Craig and wondering if one room will be the family infirmary? Haha!! You are the expert now! Fun to hear you are out and about. LOL, Rhonda