Monday, October 26, 2009

Counts R up!

At the clinic today my blood counts were up way beyond my expectations. I am excited!
WBC 4.2
Hg 8.5
Platelets 42

Still kind of low on the platelets but they are the last to rise. And they're higher than last Wednesday. You don't get a jump in hemoglobin from 6.7 to 8.5 from a transfusion. You MIGHT get 1 point, but you don't get 1.8. That comes from the factory.

And I'm satisfied with the factory.

I have been feeling great. So great that I did all the PT exercises for my arms with weights and pulled a muscle in my right side (the arm that can lift the most.) THAT hurt! Still hurts a little bit. I've still been doing the stairs, but haven't been on the treadmill much because I've been "out." Lots of walking when you go "out." To the grocery store, to the clinic, to the art gallery, even cooking a meal.

So today I had confirmation that the inside matches the outside. And I had a little bit of wine with dinner to celebrate.

~Cathi

7 comments:

Judy said...

Pole Position! Man, the good news just keeps coming. We can celebrate almost every day. Just keep up the good work and keep on keeping us informed.

Judy

Robbie Stanley said...

All great numbers, hurray!! Imagine your working out so hard you pulled a muscle - I hope it hurt in a good way. And topping off the day with a bit of wine - good on you! So many outings - you're going to have to start keeping a calendar and worrying about double booking, etc. etc. Enjoy!
xox

brianmargaret said...

Hi Cathi,

We're feeling very excited with your good news. Bet you are enjoying your new found freedom.
Keep up the good work and we look forward to your next update.
With love from us both.
Margaret & Brian

Nancy said...

The proof is in the pudding, and I'd say that's some pretty incredible pudding! Great to hear you're getting out so much now, enjoying every moment.

Love you girl!
Nancy, back in DC...

gail said...

Indeed there was wine to be consumed yesterday. hehehe!!

You sound so energized - wonderful wonderful news!!

What's next? Running a marathon with Conor??

Unknown said...

You sound great! Such good news. Hope the grocery store outings are tickling your tastebuds and you're enjoying your food more.

lots of love #2 GOT

BAMc said...

-
You're a regular 'Counts R Ups' factory!

Keep up your regimen. Carpe Diem!