Thursday, October 8, 2009

I'll know it when I see it

Day 101. I don't know what I'm counting now. I guess I am just continuing to exercise and get stronger. Take all the meds and stay healthy. Count carbs and keep the blood sugar somewhat even.

The goal might be somewhat like "I'll know it when I see it."

I went to Sears and bought a new dishwasher for my house. One that has a stainless steel interior so it gets real hot and sanitizes the dishes. I promise I will never look at cleanliness the same way again. Will I be able to go anywhere without disinfectant wipes? I dunno. I sure can't go an hour without washing my hands. Every hour "drink a glass of water", "wash your hands."

I also spent some time working on this quilt I started somewhere about 1978 or 79. It's a beautiful quilt if somewhat dated by the color choices. I have a new dew rag straight from Sturgis, SD. Says "Biker Babe 2009" on it. Fits like a dream. I'm considering remodeling some of less well fitting scarves I have into a similar pattern.

And I picked up a David Sedaris book to pass the time. Time on the treadmill, time in the chair, time. I still have idle time. But choices are good. It's great to have choices.

~Cathi

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Cathi
'It's great to have choices' - that could be a wonderful mantra.

Time and disinfectant wipes, your respect for both will probably never lessen.

Nedra mentioning camping reminded me of our floating trip with Joan, when the terrible thunderstorm turned the tent into a soggy heap. LOL. The breakfast was awesome though!

I'll be up for a National Park jaunt anytime you fancy.

Keep up the exercise.
lots of love #2 GOT

Robbie Stanley said...

It's lovely to have choices! The new dishwasher is one more step toward your independence - congratulations! Enjoy a Saturday night pondering your many upcoming choices.
xox

Anonymous said...

Please come to Oklahoma City with that rag on your head,you can ride in my side car and we will take over this town, or maybe just piss it off a little. Love and Kisses
Nedra

Walt said...

Cathi,
Dinner to celebrate was great. How well planned could we be to have the best seat in the Bristol in front of the fire to celebrate day 100 and permission to go out. Looking forward to seeing you more that you can make it out. Walt

BAMc said...

-
"I'll Know It When I See It" would make a great title for a guide book of your journey. Something Cathi you might consider. You've already written it here in all your blog posts. It would make a great read to help those who take a similar procedural path.