Friday, October 23, 2009

I'm getting a rash!

This is great news. This is more graft v. host. So far I have it on my upper back and midriff. It itches a lot, but I have some cream to put on it that stops the itching. The immune suppressant is down to .5 mg twice a day.

Yesterday I did a lot of walking around the Nelson Art Gallery. Before I went I went through all the arm exercises with weights. And Hallelujah, I am very sore today. Before getting off the prednisone, I could just barely do the exercises, and they didn't seem to make a difference; no pain, no gain...literally. As if the prednisone numbs my muscles.

An old friend, Sandy Kramer, took me to lunch at the Grand Street Cafe and then to the Nelson. The new Bloch wing has a permanent space for curated collections out of the Hallmark photographs. The Hallmark photography collection is fabulous, includes photos of all kinds and types from the beginning of very primitive cameras up through today. The photos are printed in different ways (silver, platinum, chromocholor.) Yesterday's display focused on children. I am not so great a photographer, but I love looking at other photographers' good works.

It was a good way to get my mind looking outward at the things that interest me. Today I am having lunch with Skip Peavey, a scout friend. If I'm not too tired after lunch, Mom and I might take in the Grand Canyon IMAX show at Union Station.

So I must go smear cream on my rash to be able to sit through lunch. The rash is exciting!
~Cathi

4 comments:

gail said...

This is definitely a new perspective when an itchy red rash is a VERY GOOD THING! This is great news. Hurrah!!!!!

I'm in awe of all your activity. I'm exhausted reading through your list. I think those were just today. Wow.

Sending you lots of love, tons of hugs, and great big belly laughs (just for grins).

-gail

Robbie Stanley said...

Hurray!! Thanks for sharing the good news, and what a busy day you had! Looking at art is very restorative - what an excellent way to combine exercise and food for the soul. Itch away!
xox

Unknown said...

Wow - what a social whirl. How great that you're out and about doing things you love.

Hope the rash doesn't stop you enjoying yourself.

lots of love #2 GOT

Walt said...

Cathi, Great to hear of the rash, just so you won't forget your little brother.. A little itch to remind you. I am sending good thoughts for strong counts and tests today at the clinic.

Great to see you are getting around about town. I hope to keep up with as you heal and get better.
Best of Luck today. Walt