Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day 100 - second time around

Today is Day 100. October 7th. 100 days from the 2nd transplant on June 29, 2009.

I've been through all the appointments at the clinic and the hospital. We are all most anxious to hear the results of the bone marrow biopsy, but it will be at least a week before those results start to trickle in. I have an appointment on the 21st to get results of today's tests, but I hope to get some clues at my next clinic appt on Oct 13th. The only thing I have an idea about after today is the pulmonary function test which went fine.

Meantime, I've developed a sinus infection. Dr. Abhyankar asked me yesterday "what do you have in the home pharmacy for the sinus infection?" ha ha... Not surprisingly, I had a couple of options. The daily pill bundle promises to get smaller and smaller though. I can stop taking one when the prednisone goes, another a couple weeks after the prednisone, etc.

I've continued walking a lot and the physical therapy resumed this week. She has me putting weights on my ankles and doing some things with the left rotator cuff damaged by the PICC line.

I am exhausted by the sinus infection. I am spending my time shopping on-line, but not buying anything, and working crosswords.

~Cathi

7 comments:

Robbie Stanley said...

Happy Happy 100 Days!!! It sounded SO long - and I'm sure it was - but you made it. Even if you feel crummy because of the sinus infection, I hope you're patting yourself on the back for a very tough job very well done. I know you're not coasting yet but you've accomplished so much! Celebrate!

Anonymous said...

Happy 100 days!!! Very exciting...what a great milestone you have accomplished and now put behind you! I hope you enjoyed every single moment this year even though you are very tired. We all still rooting for you and pushing you 100% of the way!

Love-
Margaret

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you will be camping soon,I want to be close to your camp site when you go out in the wilds.Please let me know what National Park you will camping at so I can book myself a room at a near by Motel .Love and Kisses
Nedra

BAMc said...

Awesome milestone!

Unknown said...

Happy 100 Days!! You've done an amazing job and we are all so proud of you.

lots of love #2 GOT

Walt said...

Happy 100 days! That would be a celebration to have, especially that you have been given eating out privileges. Suzanne & I look forward to an early dinner out on the town with you.
100 days has been long and hard and well deserved. Your perseverance has earned you this. Keep it up.
Walt

Nancy said...

What a great day of celebration! I'm with ya in spirit and heart!!

Love ya,
Nancy from DC, in NYC this week...